Chapter 13- GrimFather

"Oh my god." Juni whispers horrified at the scene before us.

Cadavers lined up on the ground, covered only by a white sheet from the neck down. Going as far as the land would allow.

Once again reporters and news outlets lined up further away from the grieving townspeople.

"There are a total of seven hundred casualties. Most of them rogues, lone wolves, a few that had just graduated high school." The mayor of the town stood behind us, silently sobbing as he gave us the information. "My daughter would have started her second year of university." He sobbed, his face red and sticky with a continuous stream of tears.

"What happened?" I ask.

"There was a celebration, a wedding. It was the wine, someone got to the wine, and before we knew it-"

Blanton quickly putting his hand on his shoulder to comfort him as he broke down completely. I look to Juni who stared back up at me with glassy eyes.

"Why are there so many?" He whispers shakily.

"That's what we're here to find out. But first, we need to help them." I look back over the sea of perfectly placed corpses.

I grab my shovel, twirling in my hands as I walk up to where the bodies start, swiftly jamming my shovel into the ground head first. The handle standing upright, and row by row the bodies begin to levitate. Holding perfectly still in the air, I hold my arms up, my hat sitting proudly on my head.

Slowly dark smoke starts to roll from the brim of my hat. Sending the smoke forward to do its job. The dark smoke filling the empty spaces between the bodies before covering them up completely. Stretching further and further over the soon to be graveyard.

Camera's clicking in the distance to capture the moment, but the reporters and camera look back down at their lenses as if somethings wrong.

"I have a certain disdain for people that try to profit off the grief of others." That voice nailing me to my spot, recognizing him even without seeing him. "You're doing lovely my daughter, keep going."

"Yes GrimFather."

Juni

The man appears in a bouquet of black smoke, right behind Elias. My eyes pinned to his broad back that was covered by a black leather jacket. The inside of his collar was black wool, he turned to look back at me, and I freeze on the spot. He looked too familiar.

His skin was a deep onxy color, his eyes having a deep red hue to them. His smile white and bright, a gold tooth right at the top next to his canines. He wore a black flat top hat, casually dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, all black of course.

"You have your mothers eyes." He says with a smile.

It takes everything to keep my jaw from falling off.

"Y-y-you buried my mother?" I ask.

"Your father wasn't much of a crier though was he?" He ignores my question, but the observation was accurate even though it was made years ago. "Well, at least she doesn't have to deal with his toxic ass, right!"

I stutter again but I can't speak. He lets out a deep gravelly laugh and quickly pats me on the shoulder before walking slowly up behind Elias. He whispers something in her ear before she replies back.

"Yes GrimFather." She replies. Her smoke growing greater, darker, covering almost everything until you couldn't even see the white sheets that covered the corpses. It was like being at sea in the middle of the night.

"You must be, Blanton. How's Q? Last time I check he screamed at the top of his lungs that I was dead to him." GrimFather walked to Blanton confidently, his attitude cool and laidback as he spoke to Blanton.