The Arrival of Altera and the Winter

Story Arc: Welcome to Wartwood

Episode 1: The Two Beasts, the Devil and the Serial Killer (V)

Chapter 5: The Arrival of Altera and the Winter.

Plot: Bruce finding himself in front of a crowd of anthropomorphic frogs, decides to solve things in his own way.

First he performs a mental technique to analyze the area, then he ends up talking to an angel and a devil.

He then takes out a portion of his dark heritage to summon one of his favorite Servants, Attila the Hun aka Altera.

Once dressed in a cursed armor and assisted by Altera, he begins to "negotiate diplomatically" with the anthropomorphic frogs.

Toadstool for once wishes he hadn't become a mayor, no amount of gold is enough to deal with three "white-haired demons".

Then it's up to Hop Pop to make a deal with Bruce who takes a turn pretty close to selling his soul to a crossroads demon.

XXX

POV Narrator

A confrontation is taking place in the woods near Wartwood that if not handled well can end in disaster.

Anne, Marcy, Bruce and Sprig are on the back of Ferrus, the dragon-shaped automata.

The angry mob of anthropomorphic frogs armed with pitchforks and torches stand in a U-like formation to surround Ferrus.

None of the frogs seem to be dying to get close.

Marcy couldn't blame him.

Bruce's mechanical dragon is gigantic.

It glistened in the afternoon sun like a living sculpture made of coins, in various shades of copper and bronze, a twenty foot long snake with steel claws, fangs like drill bits, and glittering ruby eyes.

The bat wings are twice as wide as its length and unfolded like metallic sails; every time he slams them, it makes a sound like a cascade of change in a slot machine.

"It's beautiful!" She declares Polly, taking a childish joy in looking at Ferrus, as if he were the most beautiful toy in the world.

Most frogs except Hop Pop look at Polly like she's crazy.

'Forget Sprig, what am I going to do with Polly once she grows up?' Think Hop Pop, starting to seriously worry about Polly.

Before the sweets they reduce her to a confused rag, now she begins to worship a golden demon who has taken Sprig, then what will happen?

One of the frogs in the crowd decided to take a step forward.

Instantly, Ferrus prances his head and launches a pillar of fire skyward.

The frogs drew back quickly and raised their weapons.

"Wally, for once he was telling the truth, a draconic fire demon is in our forest!" Says Mayor Toadstool, stunned that the wanderer who lives under the bridge was right about something.

'As always, he arrived in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

If we had only arrived a few minutes later, I would have avoided facing the problem of this crowd of commoners. ' Think Bruce, looking down at the Wartwood frogs, finding them more of a nuisance than a threat.

"Bruce, what do we do?" Question Anne, slightly worried about what can happen if someone makes a wrong move.

The angry mob could land a lucky blow on Marcy or Ferrus could char the anthropomorphic frogs.