Bruce's Room and Foundry

Author's Note: When I first started writing, I wanted to make a chapter about Bruce chasing the creature hiding in the forest.

But things have taken a different turn. I tried to change my writing style for this chapter, focusing on what one of the protagonists is feeling and thinking.

Tell me if you liked it and if I need to add more segments of this type.

PS. Remember to leave comments, reviews or add this story to your favourites/follows.

XXX

Story Arc: Welcome to Wartwood

Intermezzo: Bruce's Room and Foundry

Synopsis: Before the Hunt has begun. Bruce takes a moment to try and sort out some of his personal issues.

Then he takes refuge in his little Batcave to gather everything he needs for his Night Hunt.

XXX

POV Bruce Bahamut Belmont

I was able to successfully renovate the basement, allowing Anne and Marcy to have a comfortable place to sleep, rest and do their girly thing.

If they don't do any crazy stunts, the furniture should last for several weeks or even months.

With Marcanne safe for now and not needing my assistance/monitoring, I can focus on more pressing matters.

I had been a little hesitant to invoke, MY ROOM, in this world of anthropomorphic frogs.

If anyone from the Boiling Isles or Earth would have been inside the room when you invoked them, they would have been stuck with Marcanne and me in this strange world.

As nice as it would be to have Eda or Lilith near me, being stranded in an alien realm again is an experience that is not to be repeated over and over again.

Plus my mind can't help but think of Camila. With me, Luz, Amity, Miyu, Chloe and Illya stuck here, her heart might stop beating from worry and stress.

Camila needs the support and presence of the Clawthorne Sisters to function properly in stressful situations.

The only good thing about this situation for Camila would be a chance to end her love triangle with Eda and Lilith.

Returning to personal matters, I was a novice at the idea of invoking MY ROOM.

But if I think about it, the chances that someone is inside, MY ROOM, are almost zero.

No one but me knows the thirteen-digit access codes and above all I'm the only person who holds an access card synchronized with the door system.

When I touch the handle of MY Room ...

"Isn't it a pain in the ass to waste so much time opening a door?

Aren't you exaggerating about security a bit?" Anne comments, looking at me like I'm a security freak.

This is such a stupid question that I won't lose answering.

If Anne knew how dangerous the Earth really is, she would understand that there are few truly safe places in the world.

I'm not exaggerating, I just prepared myself to face the worst of the worst.

Maybe my worst only happen in doomsday scenarios, but when it does, everyone is alive, well and safe thanks you have my preparations!

I admit to wasting a lot of time going through all the security levels. But for me it's all a small price to pay to be able to lie down peacefully in good company or even take a short nap.