Chapter 19: Arrival on Mount Natagumo

You ran swift and steady. Your new hat was great at blocking out the sun. Your new sword was there by your side. You were excited to use two swords. After you received Shimizu's sword, you saw it turn from blue to silver. On the way, you found a nice natural spring. You took a nice bath and you felt relaxed. You were now clean of any blood stains or dirt from your previous fights. You thought about Tadaria and how he ended up the way he was when you last saw him. Your new mask fit like a glove and your new sword was cool. By nightfall, you made it to the mountain. You looked it up and down.

Y/n: Huh. Spooky.

You walked forward some distance before finding a young kid curled up in a ball outside the forest that surrounded the mountain. He had yellow hair and yellow robes.

Y/n in thoughts: Hey. It's the kid from Final Selection who thought he was gonna die. He's still alive somehow. Then again, he survived Final Selection so it shouldn't be too surprising he's still alive. He's just a little afraid of death.

Y/n: You good?

Yellow robed kid: Yeah. I just need a few minutes.

Y/n: It's just a dark mountain. There's nothing to be afraid of.

You both heard a scream from the woods.

Y/n: Did you come here alone?

Yellow robed kid: No. My friends are inside.

Y/n: You left them to fight on their own? You're a Demon Slayer. We don't run from demons.

He sat there to himself. You walked forward.

Yellow robed kid: Wait. Y-y-y-your'e a d-d-d

Y/n: Demon. Yes I get it. What? It's a little spooky? Think I'm gonna eat you?!

You jumped forward and the yellow robed kid screamed and ran into the woods.

Y/n: I take it back. You're not just a little afraid. You're more like a skilled coward.

You moved on. It was dark and creepy, but you're the thing the night fears, not the other way around. You ran through the dark woods and jumped from tree to tree. All of a sudden something covered your robes and knocked you off course. You stood up and looked at your robes. They were covered in spider webs. You started cleaning your robes off.

Y/n: It's a good thing I like spiders or else I'd burn this place down.

You had cleaned yourself off and walked on. Eventually you saw other slayers.

Y/n in thoughts: Working with others is better than working alone. You should never be too proud to ask for help.

You approached. There was the kid with sky robes who broke the other kid's arm from Final Selection and two other kids were there. One had normal Slayer robes but the other completely violated the uniform by wearing none of it. He had two swords like you and wore a boar's head over his. The kid with the boar's head was wearing no shirt but he was cut. The kid in normal robes looked like he was arguing with the kid from Final Selection.

Y/n in thoughts: I forgot that these people were insane, but let's face it, I'm no different.

Y/n: Hey.

All of a sudden the kid wearing the boar's head punched the kid who was wearing the normal robes in his face.

Y/n: Oof. Woah.

You kinda laughed at the kids' hostility but it only escalated from there. The boar kid grabbed the other kid's hair and pulled him close. He seemed to be telling him something.