Chapter 22: The Giant Enemy Spider

The massive demon threw a punch at Inosuke but he dodged. You jumped next to Inosuke.

Y/n: That stupid demon got my robes wet. Now I'm gonna have to clean them up afterwards.

Inosuke: We need to find its weaknesses!

Y/n: That won't be easy, and clearly it's incredibly powerful.

Inosuke: Usually Tanjamo would've come up with a solution by now.

Y/n: I have no idea how that kid thinks so fast. I just met you today.

The demon jumped at you and Inosuke but you both jumped away.

Inosuke: He's so damn fast!

Y/n in thoughts: He's incredibly fast, recovers like what he's doing is a breeze, and he's stupidly powerful. He might just not have any weaknesses we can currently exploit.

Y/n: I have an idea.

Inosuke: Finally! What's the plan?

You sheathed your sword.

Y/n: Run.

You turned around and took off.

Inosuke: Get back here, coward!

The massive demon's shadow engulfed Inosuke as the demon approached.

Inosuke: Hey! W-wait for me!

Inosuke ran after you and you hid in the woods.

Y/n: As long as we're keeping him busy, it's one less demon attacking Tanjiro or someone else.

Inosuke: Are you suggesting that all we do is hide?!

Y/n: What? You've got an idea?

Inosuke: Not at the moment.

You heard the demon screech.

Inosuke: Not good.

You looked at Inosuke's bloody arms and saw that he left a trail of blood behind him.

Y/n in thoughts: Oh no.

The massive demon started approaching. You waved to Inosuke as you were just across from him, hiding behind another tree. He looked at you.

Y/n silently: Your blood. He's following your blood!

Inosuke: What?

Y/n silently: Your blood.

You pointed to your arm and then his arm. Inosuke looked at his arm. You pointed to the trail of blood.

Inosuke: Oh! He's following my blood!

The demon punched the tree that Inosuke was hiding behind and in one punch, the demon completely obliterated the section of the tree it hit. You and Inosuke ran off.

Y/n: Next time try not shouting out so you don't alert the demon where we are!

Inosuke: I'm sorry, but I'm not the one talking so quietly that people can't hear him!

Y/n: Then take off that stupid mask so you can hear me!

Inosuke: Did you just call my mask stupid?

Y/n: Yes. Do you need me to say it again?

Inosuke screamed and tackled you. You saw he pushed you out of the way of a tree that the demon threw.