Chapter 26: ...And Justice for All

The master was silent for a few seconds.

Y/n in thoughts: We're all gonna die.

He looked to the assistant on his right.

Master: The letter.

White haired one: Yes sir.

The white haired one on his right pulled out a letter and opened it.

Right one: A former Hashira, Mr. Urokodaki, sent along to us this letter with a request. I shall read to you an abridged version.

She read.

Right one: I ask you... to allow Tanjiro and his sister to accompany each other. Because of her resilient mental fortitude, Nezuko has not lost her human reason. Even when starved, she has never devoured a human and that is true more than two years later. Although the situation sounds outlandish, it is, in fact, reality. In the event that Nezuko does assault another human being, myself, as well as Tanjiro Kamado, and Giyu Tomioka, will atone by committing seppuku.

Tomioka had a straight face and Tanjiro started crying.

Y/n in thoughts: Great. I can't pull an alibi out of thin air.

The master looked to the assistant on his left.

Master: The letter.

White haired one: Yes sir.

The white haired girl on his left pulled out a letter and unfolded it.

Left one: Like the other letter, it was written by a former Hashira as well. Mr. Tadaria. I shall read it abridged.

She read.

Left one: I must request that you please let Y/n become a Demon Slayer. On the first day of becoming a demon, he came to me and asked for help. Y/n is a good kid with a good heart. I trained him to become a slayer and I kept close tabs on him. So far, Y/n has 15 confirmed demon kills. I trust Y/n, even more than some people that I know. Y/n has never eaten one person and even still grows more powerful each day. If he ever were to eat someone, Ishino and I would commit seppuku after killing Y/n. He may not know it, but I'm proud of Y/n.

You now know how Tanjiro felt. You started crying, even more than Tanjiro. You knew that this made you look more sensitive, but you didn't care. Tadaria is like the father you never had. If you survive this, you have to see Tadaria again. Or probably just write to him. Of couse, that part about killing you thew you off, but you knew it was for the greater good.

Shinazugawa: Who cares how they choose to end their lives? Fire. Hanging. It's all the same! It doesn't guarantee our safety!

Fire haired guy: Shinazugawa is right. If he or she kills a human, we can't turn back the clock. That person will be lost forever.

Master: You do have a point.

Shinazugawa: So then...

Fire haired guy: What do you wish, master?

Master: We can't guarantee that he or she won't attack humans. We can't prove it. That said, we also cannot be certain they will attack humans.

Master: Here is what we do know about her for certain. She has been abstinent for over two years and there are three people who would vouch for her with their lives. He has been a loyal slayer and killed every demon he's come across. He has also been to multiple unprotected towns and hasn't indulged himself on humans even once. If this evidence is rejected, one must offer in turn an even more convincing argument. Are any of you able to do so?