Epilogue

I have some awesome piece of newwwwssssssssssaaaaah!!

The sequel is up omigosh!!!!But woah woah woah! Wait up! I have the epilogue here first!! Read this and then you can…maybe check out the sequel too….js! He he he he he.

Ps- This is not in Hazel’s POV! ;)

________________________________

“Aw man! Big boys don’t cry!” I tried to console the crying four years old in my arms.

He kept wailing loudly and poking his gum from where a tooth had fallen not even an hour ago.

“But I…” he hiccupped, “I swallowed it!...What if…what if a tree grows up in my stomach!”

“What?!” I grimaced and looked at him in total bafflement. “Who said that to you?!....Wait! Your dad said that, didn’t he?”

He hiccupped once again and looked at me with wide eyes. “How do you…how do you- you know that?!”

I chuckled.

Of course!

“I just know your dad, champ,” I said and touched my forehead with his.

“You know, my parents say I should not talk to strangers.” He had finally stopped crying.

“Well, I know your name and I know your parents…so don’t worry, you’re safe with me.” I gave him a reassuring smile. “Now let’s find them,yeah?”

He nodded his head frantically and started looking around from there.

“PING!” We heard over the crowd and turned around to come face to face with a distraught Derek with Ashley speed walking towards us.

“DAD!” the little guy squeaked and jumped into Derek’s open arms.

I was just standing there and looking at the cute family reunion with a broad smile.

“I told you to not let him down like that! I told you! Derek, why are you always so careless?!” Ashley said and smacked him with the back of her hand.

“Ow! Okay!” She smacked him again. “Okay! Ouch!!”

Aidan started chuckling and so did his mom.

“Mom! I lost my tooth!” He exclaimed and opened his mouth wide enoughfor her to see.

“Aw baby!” Ash gushed.

“I’ll get you a new one bud, no worries!” Derek ruffled his hair.

“And after that we can go for ice cream?” He asked eagerly.

Derek put his other hand on his chest and said dramatically, “A man after my own heart!” All of us started laughing loudly. “Put it right there buddy!” Derek said and the father son duo did a bro-fist.

“He’s so much like you, Derek!” I commented out loud which was enough to grab their attention.

Their eyes widened and the proud parents had these huge smiles on their faces.

“Oh man! How are you?!” Derek said loudly and hugged me tight after passing Aidan to Ashley. I hugged him back equally tight. “It’s been so long dude! Where were you?!” He asked as he pulled away.

“Just been away for work,” I shrugged and smiled at them.

“Omigosh! I thought you wouldn’t be able to make it!” Ashley said as she kept swatting away Aidan’s hand from his mouth.

I chuckled and said, “But here I am hey!”

The two had gotten married right after school was over and though the wedding was not supposed to be held then, they still had it ‘cause they were both drunk!