We, the chatty girls!

A/N: I'm so sorry for the late update. I was very busy...really. But well, here's the tenth chapter and there're a lot more to come. Just keep reading.

Pic to the right- Alexia (Sarah Hyland)

Enjoy :)

___________________________________

"Ow! Ow! Ow!......Mom!!" I cried. "Please....be softer! Ow!" I hate bad hair days! I just hate them! I was on the verge of crying. Pain and irritation were dripping from every word I was trying to utter.

What had happened?

Well, my hair was stuck in the roller brush. Ugh! I'd not known I had such bad tangles. When I started brushing them, though, it became very clear. I'd been trying for the last fifteen minutes to free them but then ultimately, I had to call mom to help.

"Honey, I'm trying.....please stop fidgeting with your hair," mom said.

"OW! Mom do you realize those strands of hair are stuck to my head which is aching a lot-MOM!!"

She tried pulling the roller one more time. And thankfully, it got free.

"Here, done!"

"Finally!" I said and rolled my eyes. "Thanks, mom."

She nodded and went downstairs.

Phew! I'd started to think that maybe I'd had to cut my hair. But well, mom the savior was always there to my rescue.

I glanced at the clock. Shit! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!

I tied my hair in a pony tail and stuffed some books in my bag. Ash was going to be so mad! She was my ride from home to school and then back. As I'd told you my car was very old, I didn't use it much. My dad wouldn't spare me if anything happened to his beloved artifact. That man loved that trashcan that much. It was his. Grandpa gave it to him as a graduation gift. Even at that time, it was in a terrible shape, but now....well it was just on the edge of leaving this world any day. It was time he got me an actual car.

I reached the kitchen. "Morning dad...morning Norah." I kissed them both and picked up an apple from the fruit basket lying in the middle of the table. "Bye dad....bye Norah....bye mom!" I called out.

"But Hazel your breakfast-" mom said but I cut her off.

"I'm late. Bye."

And as I had expected, Ash was leaning on her car with that scowl I loved the most- not really.

"Finally, you're here. I thought maybe you slipped in the bathroom or got stung by a bee or...or spilt coffee on your shirt and then had to change it! Or there was an alien in your closet! Or- what was the one you said last Tuesday- oh yeah. There was a gorilla bathing in your bath tub!!" she barked.

Before you think I was clumsy, let me tell you I wasn't. These all...well most of them were just some excuses I had made in the past to save myself from her scolding. You see, I'm not very prompt.

"Hey! I told you it was my uncle Brandt, later," I said. Uncle Branny had crashed at our house for the night after aunt Becca kicked him out for putting their baby, Laila, in the washer!! He was washing her stuffed toys that day. Maybe it was not a good day for her to watch her daddy wash her toys! Poor kid!

"And no. Nothing like that happened. But what happened is something even worse....my hair got stuck in the roller," I said and looked down. It was true! She had to believe it.

"Yeah right." She nodded remorsefully. I knew she wouldn't believe me but at least I tried! "Get in the car now," she shouted.

What a great start to a hopefully greater day!