Once upon a stranger

A/N: God!! See this banner!! Dammit!! I can't breathe!!! #fangirling

This awesome banner is by @NashM_

Pic to the right- Tyler (Francisco Lachowski)

____________________________________

Flashback (two years ago....)

It was my cousin, Susan's wedding. I didn't even know what I was doing there. Everyone around seemed so happy. Dancing, laughing, talking to each other. I was probably the only one hiding in a corner and sulking and crying my eyes out.

Why?

'Cause my boyfriend, well, my ex-boyfriend, the groom's brother, Max, had broken up with me the previous day and was flirting with the other girls around, like what we had, meant nothing to him.

I must have been looking like a complete mess. Thank God I was wearing water proof make-up otherwise many kids would have been scarred for life because of seeing a zombie for real.

"You okay?" I heard an unfamiliar voice and looked up to see who it belonged to.

A guy who looked as old as me stood in front of me with his blue eyes glinting with slight amusement. "You lost your parents or didn't get any cake or there's something in your eye?" he asked with a lopsided grin.

Really? Out of all the girls there he had to come and irritate me?

Well, if it had been another day I must have replied, "I'm fine," 'cause, I admit, he looked kinda cool.

"Fuck off," I grumbled.

I heard a chuckle and looked up again, irritated. But he was already seated in the chair next to me.

"Did you use all these?" he asked and pointed to the big heap of tissues lying on the table.

"Why? Did they have to be preserved for a museum?" I said sarcastically. "I'm okay. Just get lost."

He started shaking his head slowly and said, "I've been noticing you for a while and you don't seem okay," he said making air quotes for 'okay'.

Great! So now I have a stalker!!

"What are you?.......Agony aunt?" I snapped.

Why are people so nosy?

He started laughing.

Really? What's the joke, psycho?

I looked away, rolling my eyes.

"It's about Max.....isn't it?" he said but I didn't react. "I saw you drooling over him." God! Is it that obvious? Damn it! "Really? That's your choice?" He grimaced and continued, "I mean, have you even seen me......I'm one hundred times hotter than him." Oh! Here we have another big head! "And you're not bad yourself," he said and winked at me.

"Ew!" I said and crinkled my nose in disgust. "I don't like dumb narcissists."

"Good, cuz I'm neither."

To be honest he was actually not bad. He had brown hair that covered most of his forehead and had a well defined jaw line with very cute dimples.

Oh shut it, Hazel! You just went through a break up and here you are checking out this freak!

He kept babbling about himself and asked, "Would you at least tell me what's bothering you?" He was really getting on my nerves now.

"HE BROKE UP WITH ME! Happy? Anything else?" I shouted.