Stupid questions

Heyyyyyy!! Chapter dedicated to @sofiamillares for the banner above and the others which she sent me. Tysm love!!! They're amazing! Can't thank you enough for the time you took out to make these!! Much love xx

____________________________________________

I was laughing hysterically.

"Seriously, you should have seen his face. He was so embarrassed," Chase said in between laughs and I just could not stop laughing myself. He was talking about his younger brother who he had seen twerking in his boxers in front of a mirror. "Damn, I should have filmed it."

We were sitting at the Maple and just so you know, it's really fancy. Ours was a round table covered with a bluish silver table cloth which went perfectly with the chairs we were sitting on and the white walls that surrounded the enormous dining hall. The hall was decorated with beautiful carvings at some and paintings at other places. A grand beautiful crystal blue chandelier hung from the ceiling just above us. I had been here before but it was different back then. Maybe they had got it renovated.

There was a pianist playing on a large piano in one of the corners and some couples were still dancing. Me and Chase had also swayed for some time to the classical music being played but then we had stopped when our food had arrived. He had let me order for the both of us and I was not feeling a bit uncomfortable in his presence. He had a very peaceful aura around him that calmed me a lot.

The people around us seemed to be enjoying their evening as well. I was looking around just casually when I spotted two people on a table near ours looking a bit out of place. They seemed odd. One was a tall man and the other was shorter, well he was very short. Maybe that was a kid. They both had the giant menus hiding their faces. All that was visible were their eyes, well not technically, 'cause they were hidden with black sunglasses and their hands that were clutching the menus. Now you see why they looked weird? From the look of the hands of the shorter one, I was now sure it was a kid.

Chase was still talking while I was looking at the two of them. Maybe they caught me staring at them as the kid started waving at me and had put the menu down while smiling goofily and just then the other one nudged her....wait! Norah?!

What the hell??

I started choking on the last bite of my ravioli as I realized the two odd-ones-out were Tyler and Norah.

"Are you okay?" Chase asked. I immediately looked away from them. What were they doing here? Were they spying on me?

"Yeah! Uh...I...I'll be right back," I smiled. I stood up and started walking towards the ladies' room. But then I turned around to see if Chase was still looking and as he was not I turned the other way around and walked to Norah and Tyler instead. They owed me some explanation!

"What on earth are you two doing here?" I whisper- shouted at them.

"Having dinner?" Tyler said innocently.

Oh no! You don't give me crap when I'm mad.

I looked at him with a straight face and asked again, this time putting stress at every word I spoke, "Tell me why you are here."

They both exchanged looks that I could not quite decipher. "They have the best ice cream!" Norah squealed.

"Oh really? Where is it then? I can't see any bowls of ice cream here," I said while looking at Tyler. Something was wrong. Why would they follow me like that?

Again, the same looks. I looked at both of them seriously.

Norah sighed and said, "We are here to save you. There I said it." Tyler nudged her again and motioned her to be quiet.