Déjà vu!

The place where I sat was totally different from the messy backyard we had left the last day. It was completely covered with pink and white peonies and shimmering strings. The sunlight falling on those strings was being reflected back which was high lighting the overall effect. The warm weather and clear sky, both were adding to the beauty of the place.

The decorations were in a combination of white and very light shades of pink and purple. The chairs were laid with white covers with a strap of pink or purple net tied around the backrest. There were archways made of peonies after every few steps and their pleasant fragrance was very much present in the fresh morning air. People had started walking in and the place was getting packed minute by minute.

I and my family were sitting in the second row with the Frosts, Derek's family. Adam was already at the altar with his best man, Tyler who was clad in a dark grey suit and a light pink shirt. He had a silk tie of the same color as his suit tied around his neck and his face wore that beautiful smile of his.

Barney was right!! Suiting up does make a man a boy...oh I meant, a boy a man!!

He had never looked that much at ease before and no one could deny that he was very happy for his father. He looked calm and perfectly still while I was sure that Ashley must be freaking out. She was so panicky earlier that morning too, when she had called me to help her with the make up and hair.

I was looking absent mindedly at Tyler when his eyes suddenly fell on me and his smile widened. But instead of looking away with the shame of being caught, I kept looking at him and started smiling myself. If you don't know already, .shameless is my middle name!

Kidding!

His eyes seemed so beautiful at that moment. They were not teasing me, not making fun of me - no sign of mischief at all. They were just being nice and peaceful. And so was his smile. His gaze felt so profound that I felt my cheeks heating slowly.

What was happening to me?

Maybe it was the leftover spaghetti from last night that I had had for breakfast!!

I was still lost in his eyes and it seemed like so was he in mine, when Derek, who was sitting next to me poked me and said, "She's here."

His words and action drew me out of the moment and I turned around to find Ashley walking down the aisle. She looked beautiful as ever in her mauve dress. She had her dark blonde hair tied in a side bun and she looked absolutely stunning.

"She looks beautiful, doesn't she?" Derek asked, clearly mesmerized.

I nodded positively and smiled at him. She looked at us and we looked back admiringly which made her smile wider. And when we heard the ceremonial music, we all stood up for the bride.

Caroline looked absolutely gorgeous in her white bridal dress. The long trail of her dress was sweeping the ground as she walked forward and her veil was tucked neatly in her bun. She held a bouquet of deep pink peonies in her hands. Her make up was subtle and her face was glowing with happiness. She was walking with utmost grace and when she finally reached the altar, we all took our seats and the ceremony began.

Everything was going on perfectly and surprisingly nobody's phone rang or kid cried, which usually happens at weddings. Half way through the wedding, I saw that Ashley and Caroline were both crying and so was mum and Rachel, Derek's mom. I too had my eyes welled up with unshed tears.

Weddings! They have such effects on people.

They are so special in all means. They mark the union of two people who love each other deeply and wish to cherish their love for all their lives. I'd always felt the same at every wedding I'd attended. Marriage was always a very special bond for me.