23. Slug Club Christmas

It was now the 20th of December Christmas was now and truly upon them and Harry loved snow but he was yet again invited to another of Slughorn's parties which he hated he left like he was a specimen of some sort being looked at under a magnifying glass as well as being poked and prodded and truth be told he bloody hell hated it all.

"I don't want to go to this party of all things I hate the way that man looks at me like I'm some sort of prize to be won" said Harry as he laid on his bed Otiz head on his legs in fox form who whined to say it was true.

"I know you don't Hads but it's a party and you can enjoy it, I'll be there and you have to bring a date remember that in other words...." said Blaise

"DRACO! I can bring Draco!"

"Yes you can I'm bring Luna with me and us four can go together as a group anyway as I have a feeling Otiz there will be staying in animal form, lucky him no date, us on the other hand need one" said Blaise as he got up from his bed and went to get out some formal robes making Harry sigh he really didn't want to go.

Blaise managed to get him up and dressed for the Slug Club Christmas party after they had asked Draco to join them as Harry's plus one which was a bad idea as Draco took forever to get ready as he picked the perfect outfit for the night that would match Harry who was wearing his dress robes from two years ago as they had an extension charm on them plus he had only worn them once and he didn't believe in throwing clothes away if only worn once or twice.

Once dressed the three friends met up with Luna and she petted Otiz as he brush up against her as if to say save me from all of this but she just placed a matching ribbon to Harry's robes around his neck, he glared at her.

"Don't be like that poor Melinda would of like you for a date but alas you are staying as a fox" said a voice from behind them making Otiz growl at her, this made the boys jump as Sumire came to stand in front of them as she just smiled at them and disappeared.

"Such a wonderful person I wish I could of gotten to speak to her" said Luna making Otiz sigh at it all he wished he stayed on bed.

They reached the hall that Slughorn was using for the party it was covered in fabric to keep the chill out and people from the new Slug Club as well as old had joined in for the night of celebrations before the students returned home for Christmas that year.

Harry had wondered how quickly the year was going, it was going a lot quicker than the others but it was a nice change and so far nothing really bad had happened besides Sarah at the beginning of the year but the girl seemed to have left him alone for now since they article came out she was so embarrassed that she was related to Dumbledore and that she had family looking for her after all of these years.

As Harry walked around Draco kissed the side of his head making him blush while Blaise had hold of Luna's hand on his arm as he walked around with her they made a cute couple.

Neville came over to him holding a tray of drinks in a waiter's uniform.

"Drink?" asked Neville to Harry as Draco had gone off somewhere.

"Neville!"

"I didn't get into the Slug Club, it's ok though he's got Belby handing out towels in the toilets"

"I'm fine thanks"

"Ok" said Neville and went off again to offer drinks to people.

Harry smiled at the atmosphere it was nice and lively he liked it as it wasn't too crowded and he could leave when he wanted plus Otiz was there with him anyway, he looked down and he wasn't there he panicked slightly until he noticed that Otiz had gone and hid behind a curtain and went to follow him.

"Otiz are you doing? what happened to you?" asked Harry

"No I've just escaped I mean I left Melinda under the mistletoe" said Otiz

"You know she likes you that's the reason for you being in animal form"

"Yes but she found me and I changed back" they were in the same outfit

Camera flashes were seen from their hiding spot, Slughorn was getting pictures it seems to put on his shelf

A waiter came and spooked them and offered them some food Otiz took the whole tray and eat some after he told them about the food giving someone horrible bad breath.

"It might keep Melinda at bay" and he ate the food making him feel sick.

"Oh god here she comes" and he snuck out at the same time that Melinda entered.

"I think he just went to the bathroom" said Harry looking at the girl.

"A little minx your friend"

"No he's a kitsune..."

"Likes to work his mouth doesn't he?"

"....yeah"

Melinda starts to eat some of the food that had been given to Harry

"What are these?"

"Dragon balls" said Harry

Severus came over and stared at Melinda and Harry wondering what they were doing hiding from everyone and where in the blue blazers was Draco as he knew that they had come together...

Melinda promptly threw up on Severus' shoes which didn't please the man at all, Harry tried to sneak away but was stopped.

"You have just bought yourself a month's detention Boggin, not so quick Mr Snape" 

Harry stopped as Severus closed the curtains again leaving Melinda there.

"Sir I really think I should re-join the party my date..."

"As surely they can survive your absence for another minute Mr Snape besides I only wish to convey a message "

"A message?"

"From Professor Sötétség he asked me to give you his best and he hopes you enjoy your holiday you see for a surprise for Christmas"

"A surprise, sir?"

Severus just walked off making Harry wonder why his parents were acting like this why couldn't they just tell him something without being all secretive of all of a sudden they knew he hated it more than anything.

Just then Flitch walked in hold Sarah by the arm walking right passed Draco as he had come out of the loo.

"Get you hands off me you Squib!" but Flitch  

 Everyone turned to them and Slughorn pushed a camera down so then a picture couldn't be taken.

"Professor Slughorn I just discovered this girl lurking in an upstairs corridor she claims to be invited to you party" said Flitch

"Ok ok I was gate crashing, happy?" said Sarah

Severus came over to them not pleased that she had got caught as it was past curfew for her.

"I will escort her out" said Severus and Sarah tugged her arm free from Flitch.

"Certainly Professor" said Sarah and they left. 

.............

bit of voting as i like both boys to be honest is it a blasna or nevillna?

ok who do i have go with luna?

blaise 

neville