Tying the Knot (Part II)

TW: Blood, Self-harm. Reader's discretion is advised.

After the wedding ceremony, they rode a sophisticated white, newly-wed couple horse-drawn open carriage and paraded outside the vicinity of the palace. The beautiful crescent moon is already shining brightly in the gloaming when they finished. Eleanor bid her farewell to her family before departing again. It has been a really long day.

Eleanor was so exhausted that she fell asleep unconsciously on Arius' shoulder. He gently hold the side of her head so she could avoid getting hurt by bumping on the edge of the carriage they were in.

Arius just gazed quietly to his wife who is now in deep slumber. He gently tucked the few pieces of hair that was falling out on her face behind her ear. She looks so fragile that a bit used of force would seem to crumble her.

He unconsciously inches towards her delicate face, his looks travels down in the direction of her soft, pinkish lips that are now slightly parted.

He wanted to capture it and brush it against his lips but he is controlling his urge to do so. He doesn't want to scare her away. He instead just gently plant a peck on her small pointed chin and then pulled away.

They are going to stay in the brood's territory for tonight and proceeds to the second wedding tomorrow. It's more like of a rite that is held when a vampire's marry. It was way more significant for the clan than today's wedding.

When they reached the manor, Eleanor was still sleeping soundly. So Arius gently picked her up and carried her in.

They were welcome by Mr. Andrev in the front door along with the rest of the servants so Arius gestured them to keep quiet to avoid waking her up.

Mr. Andrev nodded and just bowed respectfully towards his master.

"Tell the maids to prepare her a comfortable night dress to change into." Arius ordered as he walk away.

"Understood, Eldest Master."

A night just passed like that and another day has begun.

Arius just spend around his whole night sitting on his chair inside his chamber as he watched how the skies turned from the night glow to daybreak.

A knock from his door interrupted him, followed by Mr. Andrev's voice.

"The Mistress has woken up and was about to eat her breakfast. Will you join her, master?"

Hearing that, Arius spare a few seconds before answering.

"Is that so? Tell her I'll join her in a few minutes."

When Mr. Andrev left, Arius stood up and unravel the knots on his sleeping robe, showing his pale but greatly sculpted body.

After changing his clothes, he immediately came down to join his wife for their morning meal.

When he reached the dining area, Eleanor was already sitting there.
When she saw him coming, she smiled at him. He smiled back, unconsciously.

He sat down opposite to her so they could talk facing each other.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, as the servants set their meals on the table.

"Yes. I guess I was too exhausted. I'm sorry, I heard that you had to carry me in." Eleanor looked at him apologetically.

"You don't need to be. You're so thin that I could carry you so easily. You should eat more."

"Eleanor," Arius called his wife.

Eleanor looked at him, waiting for what he was about to say.

"About the union later, it was very far different from the wedding we had yesterday."