Grand Elder's Son

In the innermost part of the castle like mansion located in a secluded part of the Iridescent Kingdom, the vampire coven is in the middle of their very important meeting.

"Arius, when do you plan to held the wedding? It would be good if it will be as soon as possible."

Hearing his father said that, Arius laid out all of his idea regarding the ceremony.

"I couldn't decide that for myself alone, but I also wanted it to be held early. Maybe in a next full moon. A few months of preparation is enough if we put a lot of people to work on it."

Although this is a wedding that both him and his soon to be wife did not really want, he still wanted to include her in the planning and preparations.
They would be married twice.

One is a public wedding that the whole kingdom will be witnessing and infront of the King and the royalties since his fiancée is from one of the most prominent noble family.

"Should we suggest for both the wedding to be at night?" One of the member of the brood asked.

"I think it would be too much to ask. I am about to snatch away their precious daughter. Must I also give her an atrocious wedding? No humans get married at night." Arius replied.

He wanted to be considerate. The woman is going to be his wife soon. It would be better to establish a good relationship with her even if they don't love each other.

"Besides, she is a well-known lady. I don't want those humans to alienate her just because she were to marry a vampire like me."

The brood stayed silent. They did not expect this from their Eldest master. He seems to really took a liking to the Young Miss of Beaumont.

"I don't." Arius spoke out of nowhere. All of the members of the brood were now all focused on him with a questioning faces.

"You all seem to think that I like her."

They had forgotten that their Eldest master has the ability to read mind.
The brood fell silent again.

An intentional cough from Lord Barclay broke the awkwardness in the meeting room and they soon get back to the business.

Arius are aware that they couldn't get married in a church, much more infront of a priest. It would be best to ask them for an alternative.

Since they could stay in the sun for a limited time, they would have no problem if the wedding would be in the morning or if the sun is still out.

The second wedding would transpire infront of the brood. It would be a private wedding since them, vampires, are not very social beings.

Adding to that, it would be a different ceremony than what humans do.

"Very well. You must handle this well, Arius. Don't mess this up." Lord Barclay said before standing from his seat in the center of the meeting hall.

"Duly noted, Father." Arius stood up too as a sign of respect for his father who is now retreating from the room since he is still the Grand Elder of the clan.

With a pleased face, Lord Barclay ended the meeting and left the room. The brood soon dispersed too.

After returning from the meeting, Arius returned to his room.
He loosened his necktie and unbuttoned the first few buttons of his shirt.

He went straight to the table where his favorite wine was located and poured a half glass then walked towards his veranda to breathe some fresh air.

He just watched how the full moon still gleams so beautifully in the night.
While sipping the wine on the glass he was holding in his left hand, he can't help but think of his soon to be wife.

'I can not read her mind at all. After living for a while, this is the first time this has had happened. Just who are you? Why don't I feel repulse towards you?'

While still lost in his own thoughts, a consecutive knocks on his bedroom door caught his attention before it flung open.

"Why do you look so lost? You should be celebrating." The man teased him and walk closer towards him.

The new comer is his long-time friend, Eilif Caddel. His father is the adviser and close friend of Arius' father. His ability is to stop time for a few seconds.

"I was just thinking about something. I'll tell you later about it."

Eilif just shrugged then asked about his friend's forthcoming wedding.
"How's the wedding preparation going?"

"We just finished planning about it. I would invite the Young Lady in a few days after this, so we could decide together."

'Would it make her uncomfortable being here before the wedding?'

Arius was not yet aware that he seems to beginning to care for Eleanor even though he said wasn't.

"Is the rumors true? Is she really bewitching?" Eilif enthusiastically asked.

Rumors are floating around that the Young Lady of the Beaumont, besides being well-versed in swords and bows, she was also known to have an exquisite beauty and benevolence.
Hearing this, Arius' brows furrowed.

"Why are you curious about someone else's wife?"

Eilif looked at him like he had grown another head.

He was too stunned to speak for a moment.

'Is this really Arius?'

"I am." Arius answered. He might have read his thoughts.

"You bastard. I told you not to read my mind." He playfully hit him on his chest.

"Going back to the topic, why are you getting over protective already? You'll scare her, she might run away." He teased him more.

Arius may seem unapproachable but once you get to know him and get close to him, you'll know that he wasn't as uptight as you thought he would be.

Eilif knew this that's why he was so confident to pester him, if he wasn't, then he might have just drop dead from all the teasing he had done to him ever since they were kids.

"Stop annoying me and get lost already. Some weird rumors might start about the son of the head adviser visiting the room of the Grand Elder's son in the middle of the night." Eilif chuckled out loud. Arius sometimes have a very creative mind.

"I didn't know you get off on me." the former still continue to tease his friend by acting a little shock and putting a hand on his mouth.

"Fuck off." Arius glared at him.

Eilif just laughed and shrugged it off.

"Alright, alright. You should let your wife meet me soon." He said as he retreat towards the door.

"Maybe you really wanted to die today?" Arius spoke in a threatening voice.

Hearing this, Eilif shivers and run away as if his life would really end if he stayed in there even if it just for another while.

"Hmph, stinky brat. I just want to know her a little." He pouted while walking away.