Spooky Special (Part I)

Disclaimer: This special episode is set in a much modern time. It is also not connected to the main story so what happened and will about to happen here would not affect the plot in anyway. The following episode contains scenes that readers may find disturbing. Reader's discretion is advised. Happy Halloween!🎃

   It's November. The night is at its peak and silence reverberated in the surrounding. The only sound you'll hear were the friction between the tires and the bumpy, unpaved road ahead. Eilif and his friends decided to go for a short halloween vacation in a nice, secluded place they had rented in advanced.

   "Are you sure we are in the right path?" Matilda asked, looking out the window from the passenger seat of the Hi-ace van he was driving.

   "Of course. Ha! You're doubting my driving skills? Besides, I have the Doodle maps installed in my phone." He replied back, obviously annoyed and boasting towards her.

   "But we've been driving for an hour already! I think we're lost." Matilda rebutted to him.

   They continue to bicker with each other as they gone deeper through the dark, rocky road surrounded by paddy fields when Eleanor shouted behind their seat.

   "Hey, watch out!"

   Shocked by this, Eilif immediately returned his sight on the road only to see a lady dressed in white suddenly appeared infront of them and accidentally got run over by him.

   "Fuck, Eilif! Did you just ran over someone?" Arius angrily said, as he try to grasp what just happened right now while protectively hugging his girlfriend Eleanor, from bumping towards the driving seat when Eilif suddenly hit the break earlier.

   Eilif was stupefied but he immediately unbuckled his seatbelt and got down from the van to check after the lady. He's trembling and his body was covered in cold sweats.

   He went to see under the hood only to find that no one was there. He tried to scout a few meters around but he still couldn't find the girl. No blood, no lady in white, nothing!

   "What happened?" Matilda and Amelia got down too when they finally able to calm
themselves to follow him and check for the girl.

   "She's not here. No. No one was here," He said in a confused daze.
   "But we saw her got run over. How could that happen?" Matilda asked questioningly.

   Eilif was about to answer when they heard a shriek of terror from Amelia who was standing a few meters away from them.

    "Aaaahhh!"

    "W-What?" He stuttered as he immediately go to her to investigate.

    "I felt like somebody tried to pull my leg," Amelia was already crying so Matilda tried to console her by gently patting her back.

Arius and Eleanor got down now too and went towards where their friends are.

"Maybe it was just a grass? There are lots of grass in here," Eilif stated, trying to make it more seems plausible because no one was here other than them.

"I know what I felt! Somebody tried to pull my leg!" Amelia cried and explained frustratedly.

Eleanor bend down to her knee to check it out. And there it was, a hand print on Amelia's right leg. As if someone had squeezed it with force and so tightly until it has gotten red amd left a mark.

"I think we all should go." Eleanor hurriedly stood up and walk a few steps backwards from where they are and quickly returned to their van.

Eilif watched how Arius worriedly followed Eleanor as they saw her terrified expression. While Matilda guided Amelia who has now stopped crying and help her to compose herself.