Arius' Fret

Today is the hunting festival that will be held near the palace's woods. It is a yearly competition participated by high-ranking nobles from Iridescent as a way to mingle and it's the best opportunity to create connections especially with the high-born families like the Beaumont and Hale. Being friends with people that is extremely close with the King, it's like winning a huge gamble competition.

  A consecutive knocks on his wooden bedroom door made his instinct became more alert.

  "Come in," Arius replied to him, in a low, deep voice.

  Mr. Andrev came in with a golden handcart. A thick, red liquid undulated inside the transparent goblet as it was being pushed in.

  "Did Eleanor see you?" Arius asked his assistant while he was still leaning to his study chair with his eyes closed and his nape resting on the backrest.

  "No, the mistress was just about to wake up by this time. It's still early, master."

  "Alright. I don't want my wife to see me drinking that." He just wanted Eleanor to always see him in a good light.

  "Understood." He replied as he handed him the goblet.

  He finished it in a few gulps. Mr. Andrev immediately took it away and put it back in the handcart. After that, Arius just watched him go through his big walk in closet to help him find a good suit for the hunting event.

   He stood up and untangled the knot of his sleeping robe as he went to his privy to wash off.

   Arius' pale, white skin is as white as that of a snow. His firm muscles subtly contracts with every move he makes. The golden tint of his eyes when light shines on them added a sense of eroticism in his look. It was a breathtaking scene to see. His thick, lengthy shaft is hanging loosely between his legs as he walk towards his privy. Aside from using it for it's main purpose, this huge package just remain untouched by anyone in a millennium.

   When Eilif accidentally saw it when he suddenly barged in his room one time, he said that he should use it for its other purpose because it would be a shame if he just let it sit idly inside his pants.

  He just shrugged it off because he never thought he would ever get married someday. Now that he thinks about that, wouldn't it be embarrassing for Eleanor to know that he was still inexperienced when it comes to lovemaking? Would Eleanor leave him because of that? What if he couldn't satisfy her?

  He shooked his head.

  Eleanor isn't like that, she wasn't a shallow lady to begin with. Besides, aside from that, he's got everything. When it comes to wealth, he and his brood would probably be more affluent than anyone else, even more than the King himself.

  Arius' mind continue to wander off until he sensed a presence on the other side of the door.

  "Master, are you done? The mistress has woken up and is now preparing to go down for breakfast."

  "I'll be out soon." Arius composed himself before going out of his privy room.

  Mr. Andrev helped him get dress. He wore a moss green hacking jacket partnered with a tawny brown waistcoat and a warm tan breeches. He completed his attire by sporting a jet black tall boots, a macy gray stock tie and an umber bowler hat. His debonair look would definitely make all the ladies turn their heads around.

  After changing into his clothes, he immediately went down to join his wife for breakfast. Although eating human food is not gonna give him any nutrition and sustain his life like blood does, he just wanna take every opportunity to be with his wife. He wanted them to adjust together in their married life. He wanted to show Eleanor that they are just like any other married couple.

  When he reached the dining table, he saw his wife donned a three-piece attire. A stunning tailored fitted hacking hunter green jacket, a long skirt in pickle tint and an almond colored breeches top with a mustard bowler hat.

  He unconsciously smiled to himself.

  "They are wearing a matching color!"

  He went over to Eleanor and kissed the temple of her head in a doting manner.

  "Good morning, Wife."

  Eleanor looked up at him and beamed a smile.

  "A pleasant morning to you, too, Arius."

  Hearing just his name without any endearment, he kinda felt sulky but his usual vacant look on his face hid it.

  "He wanted to be called husband again!"

  "Wife, Are you going to participate in the hunt today?" Arius asked, to start a conversation.

  "Yes. Caelen invited me to hunt together like the old times."

  Hearing this, Arius couldn't hide the sour expression on his face. He wanted to invite her to scour around the area too. But seeing an expectant look on his wife's face, he didn't say anymore word. 

  After eating their breakfast, they immediately departed so they could be there on time. When they arrived, the Duke Caelen's duchenne smile towards Eleanor was the first thing that welcomed them.

  "Elle," the Duke called Eleanor in an affectionate name.

  Arius brows furrowed when he heard it. It really leaves a bad taste in his mouth.

  "Caelen!" His wife excitedly called him back. She even unconsciously let go of their hands to greet her childhood friend. Seeing his wife and that Duke talk in a happy manner, he couldn't help but feel the difference and the realization that there are still walls between the two of them.

  He was about to get her attention back when Eilif came along with a few high-ranking noble business men to talk about business.

  He went over beside her and whispered in her ears to excuse himself for a moment.

  Eleanor just nodded at him. He didn't want to go but it seems like his wife would enjoy her childhood friend's company more than him.

  A few moments after, the King formally announces the commence of the hunting competition by making a short speech followed by a gunfire to mark the start of it.

  "Thank you honored and highly esteemed guests for joining us today in our annual hunting competition. Take this opportunity to enjoy to your hearts' contents. I hope you all have a wonderful time. Let the hunting begin!"