Royal Council Meeting

Back in Iridescent kingdom, the Royal palace had called for a council meeting regarding the wedding of the the Beaumont's young miss.

A few moments later, the herald announced the arrival of King Bethelbert and Prince Amell.

"His Majesty, the sun of the empire and His Highness have arrived."

All of the council members stood up to give respect.

"Greetings, you may now seat. I have ask all of you here in attendance to talk about the treaty we had established with the vampire clan long decades ago." His Majesty started his speech.

Lots of hushed murmurs would be heard inside the counsel room.

"Our majesty, the King Bethelbert, wants you to know that the young miss of Beaumont had
finally decided to push through the wedding to strengthen the ties between the brood." The  kingdom's herald informed the council.

"My apologies, Duke Beaumont that it has come to this," Marquess Ralid said. He's an upright man who is full of integrity.

"Please let your daughter know that we are amaze and grateful and we really look up to her on how honorable she handles her duties." Duke Latiz added to the conversation.

The whole council agreed to what the two said.

Duke Beaumont just said a simple thanks in return. He had no time for the pleasantries. He knew some of them are secretly relieved that it won't be their daughter who had to make the sacrifice. He still couldn't fully accepted what happen.

"Your majesty, there are a few conditions that I would like to present for the wedding to continue," He respectfully said while looking at the direction of the king.

The King had given him a signal for him to continue.

"Please guarantee that you will put my daughter's safety as top priority. If she ever requested a divorce or any help that concerns the marriage or anything that is connected to the treaty, you will aid her. This is what I just ask of you." He bowed.

This had cause a pandemonium.

"Ha! How presumptuous." Marquess Aclisse retorted.

He has always been vocal about his dislike to the Beaumont family. He was jealous of their achievements that's why he will do anything to get back at them any time he gets a chance to do so.

"You have my word, Duke Beaumont. I will do everything I could to help." King Bethelbert assures the worried Duke.

"Father, I suggest that aside from the assistance that we would give, let's also reward the young lady of Beaumont the medal of Maiestas and let her be the one to train my sister, I heard about her skills in using swords and bows."

After the prince finish this statement, the whole council room turned into chaos. It created a division among council members present in there.

The medal of Maiestas
is rewarded to those who made a great contribution and sacrifice for the kingdom.

Only a few chosen individuals were given it since the foundation of the kingdom. It was a very prestigious award.

To think that a young girl like Eleanor could be given it instead of them who had been with the King, made some of the council members fume in anger and jealousy.

"That's too much, Your highness!" Marquess Aclisse was the first one to express his dislike.

Prince Amell looked at him and raised his right bow. Signaling that he wanted to hear an explanation on why was it too much.

Seeing this, Marquess Aclisse looked away and said in a low tone,
"She just agreed with the marriage. She wasn't a victor of war or anything. Beside she's a lady. Think what will the Knights will say when they heard of this. A young girl received the award effortlessly while they battled with their life on the line and still not qualify to receive it."

Hearing this, Duke Beaumont clenched his hand and was about to butt in when Prince Amell spoke.

"Are you saying that marrying into a vampire clan to prevent war and loss of lives in the kingdom is such an easy thing to do? Well then, you also have a young daughter right? She could take Lady Eleanor's place instead."

Prince Amell sternly looked at him while the whole room suddenly became quiet.

"Your highness, please forgive me for being disrespectful. I must have lost my mind for a second."

Marquess Aclisse stuttered. His face was white as a sheet of paper. He thought that the other council members would back him up but he was wrong.

"My son is right. Lady Eleanor bravely accepted the condition of the treaty. It's not easy to come up with that decision. Besides, this isn't just the normal marriage we know."

When King Edric spoke this, they could no longer uttered any word of disagreement.

"We will be now moving on to talk about the wedding preparations." The King's assistant laid out the parch of paper to read the information written in there.

"I will be personally officiate the wedding since they can't be wed in front of a priest. Let them use the palace's banquet hall for the reception. Make sure everything is prepared meticulously. All the preparations and expenses would be bore by the kingdom." King Bethelbert stated.

This will be probably one of the biggest and grandest wedding that will be held in the kingdom. Some are happy that it wasn't their daughter while some are sad since the pure and beautiful, talented lady would be thrown into the lion's den.

"The brood wanted it as soon as possible so we  need to finish it in a month." The King announced then proceeds to adjourn the meeting.

The King and the Prince left first together with their assistants while the counsel members went one by one as they say their regards to Eleanor through the Duke of Beaumont.

A few moments after, the Beaumont's coachman arrived to inform him that they are good to go.

"Your Grace, the carriage is ready."

The Duke stood up while still preoccupied with his own thoughts.

He still wanted to do everything in his power to stop the wedding but it seems like his daughter had already made up her mind.

The Duke spent the whole ride while being in a daze.