Visit

"Whoa!" The horse immediately stop after hearing the command given by his master. Duke Caelen immediately got down from his horse and was assisted by the Beaumont's servants.

"I have arrived." Duke Caelen greeted the Marquis and the latter done the same.

"Let's leave so we could arrive early." The Marquis announced.

The two men rode the carriage bearing the symbol of the Beaumont's family crest.

The travel didn't last long since the Palace granted them an approval to use the teleportation gate so they could get there in time.

"Do you think we could convince her?" Duke Caelen says, feeling jittery all of a sudden.

The Marquis pursed his lips. He, himself, didn't know either.

Eleanor has always been stubbornly decisive. No one could stop her once she put her mind to it.

"You know how she is. It would be hard but it's still worth trying."

It didn't take long for the two to reach the Barclay's Manor.

Marquis Beaumont observed the territory his little sister was in. If it wasn't a known fact for him that it was a coven, he would think that it was a typical residence owned by a noble or an aristocrat except that it was much bigger and grandiose.

The big front gate automatically opened, as if somebody were waiting for them to arrive.

Several servants of the Barclay's have been waiting the front door to greet them. The guards are stationed and mobilized too.

Marquis Ezra was a hundred percent sure they are no ordinary human because he senses a strong aura around them.

"My Lord, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Smiling, the Grand Elder greeted him.

"Greetings, Elder Barclay. Pardon us for this sudden visit. I just got back from a long journey so I wanted to see my sister before her wedding day."

"We'll be a family soon, there's nothing to be sorry about. May I ask who is this other gentleman here?"

The Grand Elder darted his gaze towards Duke Caelen who was standing next to the Marquis.

"Greetings, I am Duke Caelen Hale of Iridescent. I'm Eleanor's childhood friend."

The Grand Elder nodded.

"The Great Duke who triumphed the war? I'm honored. Pleased to meet you!"

After the long greetings and pleasantries, they were escorted towards the Manor's big drawing room.

"Lily, Contact Mr. Andrev and asked where Arius and Eleanor were."

The servant bowed and immediately left the room. After a few minutes, she had came back.

"Mr. Andrev said the Eldest master and his soon to be wife were on their way back from their tailor's appointment."

"I see. I guess I will be entertaining you for the time being," The Grand Elder said jokingly as he make himself comfortable in the couch, sitting across the Marquis and the Duke.

They didn't waited for long when Eleanor and Arius arrived.

They watched the couple enter the room. Eleanor's left hand was placed in Arius right arm as the latter escorts her in.

"Son, Elle, you guys have visitors." The Elder stood up as he called their names, indicating that it was now his time to exit the picture.

"Brother! Caelen!" Eleanor exclaimed as she immediately enveloped them in her arms before continuing, "Why are you here?"

The Marquis returned the hug and went on to pat his little sister's head like he usually do.

"Greetings, Marquis of Beaumont." The Elder's son greeted him.

The brother and sister broke free from the hug and faced Arius who was standing a few meters away, as if not wanting to disturb the reunion between the siblings.

"Pleasure to meet you, Lord Barclay." The Marquis says, formally returning the greetings.

The Marquis follows where the piercing gaze of the Barclay's Eldest master is.

"Caelen.." He uttered under his breath.

Seems like the Eldest son of the Grand Elder is wary of the Duke. His thoughts are interrupted when Eleanor spoke.

"Brother, how come you travelled all the way here?"

"Ohh, that. Can you spare us some time please?" The Marquis asked as he looked at both Arius, who was busy shooting side glances and Caelen, who was clearly faking a smile. His keen eyes never let any of it passed.

When the two left, Eleanor and Ezra sat down near the furnace where the block of woods was burning profusely to battle the cold breeze because of the upcoming winter.

"Have you been well?" Marquis Ezra softly asked, "How come I am the last one to know about my sister's wedding?"

He looked at Eleanor, under the dim lit room, the fire from the chimney reflected in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I don't want you to get worried when you're in the middle of subjugation," Eleanor replied, her long lashes fluttering along with the wind that's coming from a slightly opened window.

"Ellie, listen. You don't have to do this. We'll find a way to maintain the treaty without you getting involved," Ezra persuaded her.

"How? What they want is for them to continue their bloodline. What's more important than that? Do you think they'll exchange it for some other terms or contract?"

Marquis Ezra closed his eyes in frustrations as he pinched the bridge of his high pointed nose. He knew that. It should weight more than that or it will fall short.

"I'll think about it. For now, cancel the wedding first. Okay?"

"No. I have to do this. It's the only way we could avoid the bloodsheds." Eleanor stubbornly shook her head.

"Ellie!" Ezra couldn't contain his frustrations anymore that his tone raised a little. He sighed and calmed himself down.

"This is my duty. This is my way of protecting our family, our kingdom. Besides, Arius isn't like what the rumors says. I think I'll be okay."

When Ezra looked in the eyes of his little sister, he just sighed. She was indeed a Beaumont. The persistence and determination in her eyes means she was resolute about it. He was too late to change her mind.

All he could do now is to support her in what she wanted to do and respect her choice. He wasn't very pleased with that but he wouldn't want to argue further because it would only worsen the situation.

"Just so you know, I wasn't very happy with all of this. This isn't what we wanted for you, Ellie. But like always, I'll be here."

"I know. Thank you brother." Eleanor stood up and hugged him. Like he always do, he patted her head. He wasn't exactly good with words, so he wanted to just let her feel that he will always her number one protector no matter what, as long as he is here.

"I'll still have a talk with your soon to be husband. You can't change my mind or talk me out of it. Let me do this at least."

Eleanor just nodded at him as he continued to pat her back.

"Aren't you so lucky to have a brother like me?" He said, half jokingly.

His sister chuckled at him and broke off the hug.

"You really have a way of ruining the atmosphere, brother."

He just chuckled too. He wanted to lessen the tension in which turned out to be effective since they both laughed a little at least.