The Mage

"Woah." With the sudden command, the horses being reined by the knights stopped.

They decided to take a stop and rest since it has gotten dark. The horses needed to be quenched and fed too. They made temporary huts for shelter.

Sir Azai took a few fellow knights with them and hunted for food, while the commander went into the nearby lake to fetch water. The use magic potion crafted by the mages in the wizard tower to ensure that it is safe to consume.

After making a fire, they gathered as usual but this time the atmosphere has been more lighter and the tension was gone. It had been a rough day for all of them. It was nice to take it easy once in a while and just chitchat. Just a quick way to pass the time and bond too.

"At last we will be going home. My kid will turn five tomorrow. I wanted to surprise him." One of the Knight companion, Sir Kril said while resting under the tree.

"They grow up too fast eh? It feels like you just wink and they had become an adult already." The burly looking guy, Sir Aldin replied while looking in the night sky.

"Why don't you try to date, Sir Aldin, Sir? The youngest knight in the order, Sir Letto,  asked while trying to kill the mosquitoes that kept biting him.
A burst of laughter suddenly rang. It was Sir Delio, a close comrade of Sir Aldin.

"He tried, but when the woman met him in person they run away." Sir Delio told them in between his laughter.

Sir Aldin's ears and nape turned red in shyness and shame. The former always gets mistaken for being violent because of his body build but the truth is, he may look tough but he is one of the kindest and softest among the

"Bastard, you dare blabbed nonsense about me?" He playfully slapped sir Delio in his forearm and laughed too.
Sir Letto looked at him apologetically and was near to shed a tear.

They didn't know how the guy joined the royal knights, but maybe because since he was still in his early twenties, he still act like a naive kid sometimes, just like this. Maybe because he grew up as a sheltered child so the older knights can't help but act like a father around him.

"But sir Aldin's a good guy. He's just scary looking and maybe he just need to bathe and shave  more often so he can look presentable."
Another burst of laughter rang in the air.

"Do you wanna die, kid? Must be sick of living already?" Sir Aldin hit him on his back.

"What was that for? That hurts!" Sir Letto hid behind Sir Thitus.

"You're still wet behind your ears. You talked like you dated a lot. I bet you didn't even have your first kiss!" Sir Aldin snapped back.

Sir Letto looked at him, with a face full of grievances. He fell silent and stuttered before shouting.

"I did!" The Knight cheered and teased him.

"You did, when?" Sir Delio asked provokingly. Sir Letto immediately answered proudly.

"When I was three! Hmph. See, I did." The knights look at each other and wheeze in laughter.

Some had even began to slap their thighs due to the uncontained happiness while others have put their hands on stomach and had tears of joy.

"Does.. that does count?" Sir Letto shyly asked while tapping the tip of his index fingers towards each other.

He didn't received a reply because the knights haven't gotten over it yet. He just received a tap on his shoulder from sir Azai who shakes his head while smiling too.

The Marquess continue to watch the bickerings and teasing of his knight companions and kept smiling while he listens to them. It was pleasing for him to see them like this because in their job, their life isn't theirs anymore. It was now decicated to the Kingdom's welfare.