Never Been Kissed

"Alright guys, let's get down to business," said Mr. Schue. "First, let's welcome back Noah Puckerman. Puck, I hope your time in juvy has taught you a lesson or two about right and wrong."

"Are you kidding me?" scoffed Puck as he sat down next to Juniper. "I ruled that place. All I did was crack skulls and lift weights all day."

"Oh, what a catch, can't believe I ever let you go," mumbled Quinn, sarcastically.

"And now, I have in my hands our competition for sectionals next month," said Mr. Schue. "First, the acapella group from the all boys private school in Westerville, the Dalton Academy Warblers."

"Okay, hold up," laughed Santana. "Like a million awesome gay jokes just popped into my head."

"And the other team to beat, the Hipsters. A first year club from the continuing education program. Now, they are a Glee Club composed entirely of elderly people getting their GEDs."

"Is that legal?" asked Rachel.

"How are we supposed to compete against a bunch of adorable old people?" asked Mercedes.

"Are you kidding me? Brittle bones," said Juniper.

"Give one of those old ladies a good luck pat on the rear, it'll shatter her pelvis," smirked Puck.

"Moving on," said Mr. Schue. "Since it seemed to get you guys pumped up about sectionals last year, I wanna make this week our second annual boys versus girls tournament. So, split up into two groups and figure out which songs you're gonna sing."

Everyone stood up and split into the two groups. Juniper took a seat next to Rachel. Her gaze briefly met Santana's, sending a wave of hurt and want through her veins.

"Okay," said Rachel. "I have mash up ideas in my emergency mash-up-"

"Kurt, I'm gonna say it again," said Mr. Schue to the brunette boy, who was coming over to the girls side. "Boys team."

Juniper gave Kurt a sympathetic smile before he sighed and went over to the boys team.

****

"The boys beat us the last time we competed against them," said Mercedes as the girls worked on the costumes for their mash-up. "So we have to bring the noise hard this time."

"They didn't officially beat us," said Quinn. "We got busted for vitamin D possession before the vote."

"Wait," said Santana. "Something's definitely wrong. Why isn't Rachel talking?"

"She should totally be bossing us around right now," agreed Brittany.

"The idea of the assignment was to do the opposite of what we normally do," said Rachel. "I'm just trying to stick to the lesson plan, which is proving nearly impossible since you're gluing those sequins on backwards," she added, addressing Brittany. "Spies!"

Juniper looked up and saw Puck and Artie come into the choir room.

"Lighten up," scoffed Puck. "We're here to talk to Santana and Brittany."

Juniper tried not to make it obvious that she was listening in on their conversation. Puck and Artie used some sort of reverse psychology and Brittany asked if they wanted to go out to dinner, something Santana was more than happy about when they sort of agreed.

Juniper sighed sadly and Quinn put a comforting hand on her back, giving the brunette a sympathetic smile.

"It's her loss," whispered the blonde.

****

****

Juniper and Finn were sitting on the couch watching reruns of Friends. The brunette was curled up next to the quarterback, her arms wrapped around his torso and his arms wrapped around her shoulders. The two had become like brother and sister, and Juniper couldn't be more grateful that he had talked to Carole and Burt about adopting her.

"You okay, Juni?" asked Finn. "You seem a little distracted."

"I just have a lot on my mind," replied the younger girl.

"Like what, exactly?"

"School, girls, homework... girls, Glee Club... girls..."

"Girls?"

"Mhm," Juniper nodded. "But it doesn't matter because she's never gonna feel the same."

The door opened and a few moments later Kurt walked into the living room and sat down, stealing a handful of popcorn from the bowl that sat between Finn and Juniper.

"Dude, where have you been?" asked Juniper.

"I went to Dalton," he replied, seeming a little bummed out.

"Wanna talk about it?" asked Finn.

"There's nothing to talk about," mumbled Kurt.