Makeover

"As you all know, as national champions, we get to host the annual Show Choir Rules Committee meeting," said Mr. Schue.

"Please tell me you're gonna ask what one-third vintage meant last year," said Tina.

"Or why some teams get six songs and others only do one," added Sam.

"Speaking of competitions, shouldn't we be preparing for ours?" asked Jake.

"We kind of have a tradition of making our set-lists the day of," said Juniper.

"I have some ideas, which I am working on very hard," said Mr. Schue. "I don't really wanna give anything away right now..."

Juniper and Brittany exchanged a look.

"He doesn't have ideas," the blonde whispered.

"We might as well have a monkey as a teacher," said Juniper. "I bet a monkey would have better ideas."

"We could talk to Bear and Lord Tubbington," suggested Brittany. "I think they'd be great teachers."

"I think we'd spend more time fan-girling over how cute a dog and a cat would be together than actually getting work done."

"Exactly!" Brittany quietly exclaimed, getting a chuckle out of the younger girl before turning back to the front of the room. "Excuse me," said Brittany, raising her hand.

"Yes, go ahead," said Mr. Schue.

"I'm not sure if what you were saying was actually important, cause I wasn't listening, but I'd like to make an announcement." Brittany got up and went to the front of the room. "First, can anyone prove that Blaine was actually born in this country?"

"Already on it," said Juniper and the blonde sent her a wink.

"Second," continued Brittany. "I'm wrapping up my election by selecting Juniper as my campaign manager and Artie as my running mate. I think by bridging the human/robot divide will ensure that both students and vending machines will be voting for us."

"Still not a robot," said Artie.

"Unfair," said Blaine. "This isn't a popularity contest. It's about who's got the best ideas. It's about believing you can make a change."

"What is that taste in my... Is that... sour grape?" asked Juniper. "Believe me when I say this, Blaine Warbler. Brittany is going to win because she's a genius and you're just a hater."

"Preach," said Artie with a small wave of his hand.

****

"Britt, Artie and I just got a copy of Jacob Ben Israel's latest presidential poll," said Juniper as she and the brunette boy came up to Brittany in the hall. "The good news is 90 percent of the respondents said they're planning on attending Friday's debate."

"That's cool," said Brittany, closing her locker. "What's the bad news?"

"90 percent of those respondents said they were coming to hear you say something stup-" Artie began.

"Don't say it!" Juniper quietly scolded, lightly slapping the boy's arm.

"They think I'm gonna say something stupid," Brittany mumbled, and turned to walk away.

"But you're not stupid," said Juniper as she and Artie followed her. "You're really creative. Your brain exists in this magical other dimension where anything is possible."

"It's really amazing," said Artie. "We just need to focus on a little preparation."

The three friends headed down the hall and into an empty classroom. Juniper pulled some flashcards out of her bag and sat down at one of the tables.