Homecoming

a/n - start song when it says

Juniper and Santana walked hand in hand down the hallway of William McKinley High School. Rachel and Kurt were starting the Glee Club up again, and they had invited everyone back. The sound of all their friends laughing and chatting in the choir room filled their ears as they approached the door.

Juniper all of a sudden stopped walking, a million flashbacks hitting her all at once. Their first ever Glee Club rehearsal, the excitement after winning their first sectionals, the way everyone came together to support someone when they were going through a rough time, and the way everyone celebrated together when they one nationals. It was like being slapped in the face with everything from her past she had forgotten about the last year.

"Juni, you okay?" Santana asked, pulling the younger girl from her thoughts.

"Yeah," said Juniper, shaking her head. "Um, I think I'm gonna go to the auditorium for a minute. I just need to collect my thoughts before seeing everyone."

"Okay. I'll save you a seat. And I'll make sure it's as far away from Sammy Boy as possible."

"Come on, Tana, you have no reason to be jealous of Sam," Juniper playfully rolled her eyes.

"I have it on good authority that you hooked up with him at Mr. Schue's wedding and made out during a lock in, so, yeah, I do have a reason to be jealous of him," said Santana.

"Look," the brunette said, wrapping her arms around the Latina's neck. "All that stuff with Sam was nothing more than teenagers being teenagers. There's never going to be anything going on between me and him. Besides, he's terrible in bed. And I prefer sweet lady kisses anyway."

"Maybe you'll get some later," Santana smirked, quickly pecking Juniper's lips. "You know, if you're lucky."

"I think I will be," Juniper mumbled as she pressed her lips to Santana's again. "I'll be in soon."

The younger girl gave the Latina one last kiss before heading down the hall to the auditorium. As cheesy as it sounds, she really did miss being able to express herself with music. She stepped up onto the stage and looked around the empty auditorium, echoes of cheers and applause from every competition that was won sounding in her ears. It felt like she had journeyed back to her past... a past she wouldn't change for anything if it meant not having what she had today.

start song besties

Heart don't fail me now
Courage don't desert me
Don't turn back now that we're here
People always say
Life is full of choices
No one ever mentions fear
Or how the world can seem so vast
On a journey to the past

Somewhere down this road
I know someone's waiting
Years of dreams just can't be wrong
Arms will open wide
I'll be safe and wanted
Finally home where I belong
Well, starting now, I'm learning fast
On this journey to the past

Home, love, family
There was once a time, I must have had them too
Home, love, family
I will never be complete
Until I find you

One step at a time
One hope, then another
Who knows where this road may go
Back to who I was
On to find my future
Things my heart still needs to know

Yes, let this be a sign
Let this road be mine
Let it lead me to my past
And bring me home at last

****

Juniper walked into the choir room and was instantly greeted with a tight hug from Quinn, who she hadn't seen since the last time everyone was at McKinley.