100

Juniper was at her locker putting her things away. There were only two weeks of school left, so not only was she saying goodbye to the Glee Club, but she was also saying goodbye to her childhood, the last four years of her life, and the friends she's made that she's not ready to lose yet.

"No tears, Juniper Oakley," she said to herself as she took a deep breath and put the last textbook into her locker.

Juniper felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. The smell of strawberry shampoo filled her senses. She smiled and turned around, standing up on her tip-toes to wrap her arms around the blonde's shoulders.

"I missed you, my little Junibear," said Brittany, lifting the smaller girl off the ground slightly as they hugged.

"I missed you too," said Juniper, her heart fluttering at the nickname.

"So, how have you been?" the blonde asked as she put the younger girl back down. "Is it true that you, Sam, and Blaine broke into the school for a lock in?"

"Yeah, we did that," the brunette chuckled as she closed her locker.

"How much trouble did you get yourself into?"

"Not that much," said Juniper as she looped her arm in Brittany's. 

The two began walking to the choir room for the last Glee Club lesson. Juniper was mentally preparing herself to see Santana. Yes, the ex lady-lovers were on good terms now, but the brunette still died a little every time she saw her. It was just a reminder of what she had lost. As they approached the door to the choir room, Juniper stopped walking. 

"Um... I-I think I'm gonna go to the auditorium for a minute. I'm not ready to see everyone yet. See her."

"Of course, take your time. I'll save you a seat." Brittany gave the younger girl a quick kiss on the cheek before going inside.

Juniper headed down the hall and into the empty auditorium. She placed her hands on the edge of the stage and pushed herself up. As she made her way to center stage, flashbacks from all the numbers performed on it filled her head. 

If she closes her eyes, she can still hear the sound of the Glee Club messing around when they were supposed to be coming up with a number for Mr. Schue's assignment that week. She can still see Brittany and Mike dancing and Artie doing wheelies in his wheelchair. She hears the laughter coming from Mercedes and Tina as they gossiped about the latest rumors. 

But most importantly, she sees her and Santana sitting in the wings of the stage, the brunette's head laying in the Latina's lap as she ran a hand through her hair, whispering sweet words to her in Spanish, calming her nerves from the stressful school day.

What could have been... Juniper thought as she turned and faced the empty audience to express her feelings the only way she knew how. Through music.

I'm like the water when your ship rolled in that night
Rough on the surface, but you cut through like a knife
And if it was an open-shut case
I never would've known from that look on your face
Lost in your current like a priceless wine

The more that you say, the less I know
Wherever you stray, I follow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans, that's my man

Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind
Head on the pillow, I could feel you sneakin' in
As if you were a mythical thing
Like you were a trophy or a champion ring
And there was one prize I'd cheat to win

The more that you say, the less I know
Wherever you stray, I follow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans, that's my man
You know that my train could take you home
Anywhere else is hollow
I'm begging for you to take my hand
Wreck my plans, that's my man