Who Is Ares?

Chapter 2

Several months ago:

It's been seven months and five days, I still miss him. I decided to visit his grave this Friday. After a long hectic day in college, I stopped by the massive landscape of Bermuda field. A sad smile touched the corner of my lip as my mind was playing the time we spent here.

After returning home I took a long shower and wandered downstairs to help mom with my usual damped mood. Mom instructed my brother to do the dishes. So he is sulking all over.

Suddenly my phone rang flashing Brielle's silly picture that I took without her concern.

Wiping my hand I excused myself from the kitchen and I received her call. A rustling sound comes from the other background.

"Mmm...Hazel?!"
It wasn't her usual tone the changes in her tone were quite raspy.

"Don't tell me your hilarious gossip now."
I wryly said again wiping my hands with a paper towel.

"No, Are you free?!"
She never asked anything. Always make decisions without my concern. She knows I would have to say her no.

"Is everything okay?!"
I asked in a serious tone.

"Yeah I just wanted to spend time together with you and Beckett is out of town for his internship. So, can you come off for dinner?!"
She asked nervously stammering with words.

"Okay?!__"
I wasn't sure of my tone. Sometimes seems shady in her voice. Was she hiding something or did Beckett cheat on her?!

My thoughts and insane imagination started to run wild. Doing the dish I informed Mom and threw on a Burgundy hoodie and shots. I tied my hair into a bun. Taking the key I hopped in the car and started driving. The weather was a bit chilly outside.

The street lights of busy roads few cars passing sounds were coming faint through thick glass.

My sleek black car pulled off smoothly in their driveway. Getting out of her I entered their house. Two familiar voices arguing inside the room. Hearing my retreating footsteps Brielle came out of the kitchen following Beckett behind. He almost smiled with pity but I slid it down.

"I thought you had to be out of town for your internship__"
I furrowed my eyebrows before

"Yeah, I decided to leave tomorrow instead of today."
He nervously stated yet I felt very skeptical.

Brielle gestured for me to sit and asked me to take water or something. I was confusing much at their behavior and looked suspiciously at them.

"Something is wrong. I'm sensing it."

They both shared a look before looking at me,

"Zella, we are going to announce something__"
Beckett said abruptly making me scream in ecstasy.

"Jesus!!! Are you pregnant?!"
I practically bounced on the couch smiling like a child got a Christmas present.

"No__"
She almost screamed making my smile vanish. I shared a menacing glare but she cocked her eyebrows as though I'd gone far out of a stable state.

"I wouldn't have been surprised if it is!"
I stated like it's obvious, although y'all know how clingy couples behave, and let me tell you they are no different. They fucks like a rabbit and I'm the college's virgin standing.

"You were screaming like a maniac seconds ago."
She shared a look of don't craze me out or I'll rip your hair off.

"Seconds ago I said 'i wouldn't have been surprised if it is!'"
I pointed out

"Geez... don't just cook my brain."

"You could have said that__"

"Girls, now don't start a catfight over me."

I threw a pillow over him and fake gagged.

"I would have emptied my stomach if I had taken dinner."

Suddenly his facial expressions changed making me on high alert.

"Hazel...jocks apart..."

"What we are going to say will crush down your heart."

My heart stopped I only can imagine something bad. Is it about him, God!!!

"Is_it about Mason?!"
I smiled through tears that blurred my vision.

"He is not Mason Samuels anymore."

I stared at him, his face was deadly serious, with no trace of mockery. I just stared at him.

"What?!"
I couldn't even voice. My heart was rapidly pacing out.

"He played a game with you."
My heart sank and the world crumbled down.

Please tell me it's a lie.

He could never do this...

Every piece of mind shattered down. I didn't hear anything my eardrum was probably damaged or my mind shutting things off, I don't know. My vision blurred and something heavy buried inside my heart weighing and crushing my soul.

Someone was calling me in an almost faint voice that again waved away with cold breezing.

"Why__?!"
I asked after regaining my normal state. I know they will refuse to tell but I have to take this it's the bitter truth.

"He changed his name to Ares Sarris a well-known notorious businessman, the casket we buried was of the real Ares Sarris, who was an orphan of rich parents and his background was nothing special nor discover by a single media yet. So the poor innocent living becomes their hunt and ended up murdered brutally."

I looked at him with an unreadable expression. Whom I have been loving for years. Who is that man?!

 Who is that man?!