Oblivion

Chapter 4

Several months ago:

Brielle scooted closer to me and engulfed me in a bear hug.

"Zella it's okay to cry, let it out or it will explode in you. It's okay..."

I wanted to cry out loud but no sound made out, a lone tear slipped from my left eye.

"Why he cared for me, why he broke my heart. I was good without him. Then why they played with me? I never did hurt anyone... then why do I deserve this?! Why_____"
My voice was raspy and quirky, the most hateful thing I hate about myself. A few tears managed to escape but I harshly wiped them out with the back of my hand.

"Months__freaking months are getting almost a year I lived with guilt for not saving him and he was all over lying on my face hiding... God!!!"

I humorlessly laughed and stopped then laughed again.

Maybe something happened to me.

The shock managed to make an unstable impact on my brain.

Her hand was caressing my head soothingly and sometimes she was blushing my hair locks with her fingers.

My goner mind and loner soul were implying my fragile state. I had everything until I understand how it never had.

"I need something to distract me Bri, I need something strong to erase this pain,"
I said desperately with a few small hiccups. They say when you are hungry don't go for groceries eat what you have.

I have nothing to lose and nothing to regret.

"It's pain, it will hurt like bitch but time will take him away bae, you know I love you and fuck that man...he has been bad news and also happens to be the biggest problem lifted off of your shoulder."

"I'm going to take out some beer."

"Just don't harm yourself. We love you."
Beckett said embracing me in a brotherly hug. I just nodded not trusting my voice.

"I'll be taking the guest room in the corner."

I just showed them a small smile before turning to the fridge. I wiped away the more tears leaking from my eyes. Taking out the five bottles I excused myself wanting to be alone. Before they could stop questioning me I slipped away from their sight and there I again broke down but this time no sound escaped the pain was deep and bruising out inside but nothing visible from outside.

After finishing more than three bottles I was on the edge of my sanity. Tears streaked my blotchy face, my runny red nose and my hair were messy and probably I'm looking like a goofball. That's what I am. Ain't I?!

I gazed at the skyline in the dead of the night through the glass window. A creepy vibrating noise coming from the doorstep. Maybe my phone or anything but I was in no mood to answer. It again vibrated annoying me more. I dawdled there stumbling on my wobwobblingeps. Taking it in my hand I expected it would have broken but there was a slight crack forming in the edge. It was an unknown number. Without any work, I picked up the call and held it in my ear.

"Hazel."
The name came out so bitter, haughty, foul, pathetic, and full of scoff from her mouth.

"Me and my fiance wanted to invite you to our wedding shopping."

I kept myself calm but I was having war internally. I want to know how much more they want me to get hurt.

Maybe loving him was my sin and now I have remorse.

"You know I'm not good at choosing, I'm overwhelmed and too excited about our wedding. Can you imagine Ares inviting all the billionaires and there will be celebrities I just can't wait."

Me too.