Ms. Duchess

Chapter 14

After a moment of silence, I came out from my romanticized dream and love-laden thought.

Immediately I jerked myself away from him and started dusting away the imaginary dust.

It's weird, no hell, it's awkward. But he seems in his normal state.

"You look cute in a flustered state."

I was about to bicker with him but he kissed my cheeks lightly before muttering. Someone's stupid heart picked a race, and my mind was filled with the scenario on a razor edge.

"What's say Grumpy pants?"
He said stifling sheer amusement.

I was about to open my mouth and openly reject but he smiled patting my head. What I am freaking five?! It's ridiculous.

I watched him walk away through the large door, passing the thousands of people. I just stared at the retreating figure until it disappear from my sight.

Suddenly Brielle's words banged into my brain

"you will find love but true love comes once in a lifetime."

What the___

Love?___ I don't even like that guy then where is this coming from?! Bad influence from staying with Brielle too much.

Should I go or stay____

Gosh staying here the glare I'm receiving from particular someone made me squirm and uncomfortable. I spotted my mother chit-chatting with her group. I made a regular excuse of I'm not feeling well and before she could form a sentence I left from there.

Brielle grabbed my hand and we headed towards a quiet corner of this massive room.

"What did he say?!"
She was smiling like a schoolgirl for the first time talking with her crush

"Nothing special."
I shrugged sluggishly

"I'm going to kill you someday perhaps not now."
She said gritting her teeth. She huffed before questioning again.

"Did he ask for taking you out?!"

I nodded timidly.

"Don't tell me you rejected it. I can't take anymore."

"He didn't ask actually he said he will wait outside to take me somewhere."

"What are you waiting for?!"
She practically screamed at my face lashing out.

Maybe she had enough of my torture of rejecting any boys I find invading my way.

"Let me escort you."

"Are you nuts, he is merely a stranger, I don't know anything about him. What if he kidnaps me?!"

"No one ever wants to kidnap and seal their fate in misery. And you are a grown-up adult woman for god sake. Don't eat my brain now."

"Brielle you can't be serious!"
I glared at her only to receive back her menacing glare.

"I have never been ever this serious and sure in my entire life. Now go or I'll kick your bubble ass."

"Are you secretly admiring my butt?!"
I fluttered my eyes showing off my perfect toothy grin.

"After receiving numerous beatings you still have no ounce of shame."
She muttered in disdain.

"You're so violent, women. Anyway, thanks for your kind suggestion I'll rather not take it."
I said turning my heels to get far away from her.

It's been a while still I was mulling over the fact that have I made the right decision to choose not to go, Yes, then why am I being restless?

My sluggish brain blew out a whistle ignoring me, not finding out any answer.

My eyes caught a glimpse of Ares's evil smirk grazing over me. Maybe I should get out of this place.

I told myself his company was bad but not worst though.