Why Him?

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Several months ago,

The car ride was long and longer than usual they were practically making out in front of me being lovey-dovey the whole ride. I didn't even glance, I made a silent ride with them looking outside at the passing car.

Now I usually do that

They stopped at Sephora, Chanel, and Gucci. The next stop was for the wedding dress. I eyed them and just nodded if she looked up. I was silent but my inside was burning. She was complaining about every dress obviously her fiancé's first words were 'show us a perfect dress for my beautiful bride and don't worry about the prize.'

"Oh gosh!!! They want me to wear this cheap dress?!"
She screamed in high pitched voice, what a terrible day of having an ear. I'm sure my eardrum was damaged badly.

"Miss please enlight us about your specific choice."
The manager said glaring at the poor workers and designers.

She was not yet done with her bitchy attitude. She was acting like a rich brat after catching a big fish in the sea. Out of boredom I put down the book and started to count the dress wandering my eyes around.

"It will look good on you."

The sound made me stop dead at my track. It's a faint but very familiar feeling I used to admire. I didn't___I mean I couldn't respond. I was at a loss for my words, I tightly clamped my lips and looked at the pile of dresses ignoring the direction of the dress.

"Why don't you try something?!"
She said eying my head to toe.

"I've plenty of my dress, I'll find to wear something from my closet."

"Oh, please wear something classy, the billionaires around the world will be there. I don't want to introduce someone out of my class you know. Or, did uncle's business lose profits or worst shares, it happens you know."
She remarked mockingly.

I wasn't saying anything doesn't mean I can't. I'm not a weak pathetic excuse of a human. She didn't know who is she messing with.

"First of all I do earn and my father has nothing to do with my expenses when I can bear my own. I do have a stable job for now, and a bank account unlike you who sticks her tongue around any man like a worthless disgusting piece of shit. Do not interfere with your fake plastic ass in my business unless you want me to slit your fucking throat."
I snarkily said before excusing them. I marched down from the shop and called Brielle to pick me up.

The weather darkened blowing cold wind. Moments later It started drizzling. I took out my purple umbrella and opened it. I admired the cold drops falling from the sky fogging the glasses of shops.

A few drops are infiltrating into the soil and some droplets running along the surface.

The roads and surroundings are looking clean and glassy. The blowing cold wind swayed the trees and waved away the dried leaves.

I inhaled petrichor and smiled looking at the hotdog and corndog cart beside the streets. A sweet memory flashed in my brain. I and Brielle used to jump in puddles and eat hotdogs, corndog, roasted corn, and ice cream. We used to take earfuls from our moms but who cares.

I outstretched my hands to feel the droplets. A cold drop of rain rolled down my skin and fall disappeared into the earth.

A car screeched down afar and Brielle came out wearing a raincoat and holding an umbrella. She stopped soaking in the rain a year ago when she had a high fever but never turned down my offer for old-time sake.

That's actually friends are, Partner in crime

I gestured for her to come over while I moved to the cart and ordered two hotdogs and corndog. Brielle's eyes lit up almost matching mine. We started eating enjoying and smiling at the memories. We paid out and moved towards the car.

I noticed a boy running across the street while striding in our direction. He held a cross bag tightly in his chest, must carrying something important or going for an interview?!

"Excuse me?!"
I called the boy who responded immediately looking horrified