Knight In Distress

Chapter 10

A group of young boys, a year junior to us sat on the other row. They were smiling dazzlingly. A few of them were winking and waving at us, and Brielle was seducing them with her spellbound act that I noticed a few guys were drooling.

Too bad she is taken.

Minutes later the bridal march started.
The groom looked at me strangely before smilingly looking at his bride. Ashley was looking like a model in magazines. Her few friends from the party and modeling were her bridesmaids. The dress was screaming rich and power of money.

The whole time Brielle picked her nails, complaining about the venue, and decor, and acting Ashley's puking act to make their marriage more realistic. She should never be an actress.

They both said their vows and taking vows they kissed and half of the congregation started cheering at them. Ashley smirked at me and kissed him again to show me.

Oh come on, I'm not even looking at your man...

The newly married couple excused themselves from the guest to change for the reception. I got up from my seat and was about to stand but stumbled in my step and was about to fall but caught something. I steadied myself and looked forward to smiling at Brielle as I held her hand.

I smiled at her but soon it wiped out at the glance realizing it was not her moreover it was him.

"Small world."
He muttered but enough for me to make it out.

"Indeed."
I uttered looking away from him to end the conversation here.

"I deserve a small thank you."
He said making my head swiftly like it pretty sure would have been strangled.

"I beg your pardon?!"

I would care less if I'm looking for some kind of lunatic.

"Did you not remem___drop it anyway."

"I remembered you also Last time I remember something about you as a rude, arrogant, and obnoxious guy. I also deserved thanks and not forget to mention a sorry too."
I said faking being deep in thought and tapping the side of my head.

"I was in a rush. I'm sorry."
He apologized smiling politely. This smile somehow started to nag me.

"Too late."

I avoided his guilty expression.

"Okay, I apologize for the extremely rude behavior and kindly thank you for the help."

"You're forgiven."

"It will be my pleasure to know your name."

"The pleasure will certainly not be mine."

"I intended to say I will be glad knowing your name."

"My name is none of your concern as much as your kindness is none of mine."
I said using elaborate air quotes.

He clamped his mouth for a while looking at the altar as if it was providing the kind of answer he need to get from me.

Okay, why the hell does he need to get rid when I'm not clinging to him?!

'oh, poor girl you could never make sense before you speak.'
My subconscious mind mocked me giggling at me. I shoved it back of my mind.

He heaved a deep sigh and muttered something like 'I should have seen that coming' under his breath.

"Okay none of your concern, shall I move out of here to join the reception."

I wanted to scold him, giving a piece of mind for calling me by this name but nodded only.