Fragile

Chapter 5

Several months ago:

A manly voice uttered something to gain my whole attention.

"Hey, babe are you sore?!"
I heard a husky voice that used to erupt a butterfly in my stomach.

"You got me tired babe and now I'm talking with my favorite cousin. Her choice is outstanding."
She said in a faked hushed tone and saying something lovingly before moaning out loudly.

"But you're the best Ash."
He huskily said before kissing her.

Ash?! How many times do you want to kill me, Mason?! If giving me the pain was making you satisfied then why didn't you kill me? I would have died happily in your arms.

After their little make-out ignoring me completely, she giggled and shooed him away.

"I've invited Bradon, aunt, uncle, and lastly you. I'm highly requesting and inviting you to our wedding. It will be fun, and obviously, you are going to be my bridesmaids, no excuses I'll be waiting for you. Tomorrow, Ares and I are going to visit you, aunt and uncle and you are going to meet my Ares."

I still couldn't form any words.

"I've to tame this monster you know. Bye, I'll be seeing you soon."
The line went dead and again silent falls.

Tomorrow I'll be shopping for my cousin's man who broke my heart.

Will I be pathetic to love him again? Would my heart give me a chance if he come back to me?!

Well, I don't know.

Love is a pain yet you can forget what did comfort you, is it my fault if my heart's desire for the man can never be mine?!

I don't know...

Maybe it was for the best. Time will heal away my pain.

I woke up with a massive headache and clenching pain in my limbs, the rapid slight knock on the door banging my brain out, I know I am physically and mentally worn out.

I don't remember how I ended up at the bed's edge. Far I could remember I was on the floor then maybe somehow I emptied my stomach then...all memories were quite hazy.

Getting up from the uncomfortable position I rigidly opened the door and without looking at the person in front of the door I walked away into the bathroom.

The last thing I wanted her to see was my pathetic self and ugly face.

I gazed in the mirror, Reflection of the girl was red from crying, her eyes were bloodshot and sore, and her face was mixed with sweat and tears. The long red hair I used to admire was a mess as if burned, a few strands of my waist-length ginger flames grazed my face. I merely know the girl looking back at me with her dull face and blank eyes.

That's me for now.....

Doing my morning chores I came out only to meet with my bestie's saddened face. Her eyes were describing stories beyond she could voice, She lowered her gaze and hugged me. It was a comforting hug but my hands couldn't find a way to hug her back.

"They invited me to their wedding."

"Bradon informed me. I'm so sorry babe."

My brother Brandon or anyone else didn't know who I was dating. Mason told me to keep it secret for a while, I was blind to even objects.

They tried to talk with me but I refused to break my loyalty. Now I came to know there was no such thing.

Am I not even a bit comparable to Ashley?!
They were looking so happy unlike me. I always looked upon him just for his compliment. His words 'you are always beautiful' was a piece of heaven for me. His everything made me giddy and excited. I longed for his love, I cherished every memory we spent together. Now, those words and memory are nothing but lie and stained.

"You wanna go."

I nodded nonchalantly without blinking. She nodded approvingly at my decision.

"I'll always be there for you."

"I know just my few questions needed to get answered."

She appreciated it and kissed my forehead. Maybe there are some special people in my life who care about me but it was never him,

Not again or ever.

I've to finish up things once and for all.