Trusty Knives

"Danny, I'm going to say it again. This is a bad fucking idea."

"I believe this is your eighth time, and for your sake, you better make sure it's your last."

"What do you plan on doing with her?"

"I'll keep her close. She's magnificent, isn't she?"

"It's hard to tell with her face caked with blood. Good job, Dante. She's definitely going to love you after this," Lorenzo sarcastically drawled.

"Love," Dante repeated as he scoffed into his scotch. "There is no such thing."

"I beg to differ. It looked like Eve and Trent were deeply in love, and you took him away from her. I would sleep with one eye open if I were you. As Nonna would say, there's no being more hateful and dangerous than a scorned woman," Lorenzo warned.

"Forgive me if I have reservations. I haven't seen it yet."

"Yet!" Lorenzo reminded Dante. "Plus, she's not like our kind. She doesn't know our ways. From what I found out, Eve was Trent's right hand. She ran Blue Steel with him. You think she's gonna be submissive to you all of a sudden?" Lorenzo asked as he swiped through a detailed dossier of Eve Johnson.

"She will learn."

"What about your father?"

"He's an old man. His days are numbered," Dante casually replied.

Lorenzo dropped the subject and stared at Eve's picture on his screen. Her smile was crooked and sadistic. It was the type of smile that screamed she had a secret, and by the time you figured it out, it would be too late. Dante might underestimate the woman, but Lorenzo would watch her like a hawk. There was no way a woman that had been in the game that long was an idiot.

Dante silently stared at his conquest. Her wrists were secured to the armrest by zip ties, and her head hung forward, shielding his view of her exquisite features. Dante wasn't utterly dismissive of Lorenzo's claims. Dante didn't trust most people; Lorenzo and their cook were the only ones he trusted. Eve would get bumped up the "not to trust" list right underneath his father until she proved otherwise.

Dante perked up when Eve's head began to bob. He heard muffled mumbling behind her duct tape but didn't move to remove it. The last thing he wanted was for her to start screaming. Lorenzo wasn't very fond of her and would probably knock her out with the butt of his gun. Eve pulled herself up to a sitting position. Silent tears ran down Eve's face as she glared at Dante.

The fire behind Eve's eyes was both intriguing and intimidating. She was perfect.

"Lorenzo...leave us."

"Excuse me?"

"Leave us."

Lorenzo unbuckled his seatbelt, stood to his feet, and approached Dante. "I'm your second in command, not your slave. Talk to me like you have some fucking respect."

Dante smirked at Lorenzo's brazenness.

"I get it, Enzo. You're concerned that I won't have time for you now that Eve is in my life. You're jealous, but there's no need to be. Don't let your jealousy get you fucked up. Get the fuck outta my sight," Dante growled.

Lorenzo smirked.

"I can't wait to see her fuck you over."

Dante watched as Lorenzo stormed towards the back of the jet and slammed the bedroom door behind him. He averted his eyes back to Eve. She breathed heavily through her nose while her nails dug into the seat's armrest. Her stiletto nails pierced into the luxurious leather, and instead of being concerned, Dante was immensely turned on.