Object of Desire

Eve immediately dropped her eyes to the floor in submission. She wasn't stupid. She knew who ran the show...for now. Salvatore Mancini could make her life a living hell, and she wouldn't dare disrespect him.

"Lorenzo...you might be my son's best friend and second-in-command, but I will skin you alive in front of him and force-feed you to him if you do not explain to me why my nephew and his bitch are dead, where you were, what is wrong with my son, and who this black bitch is!" Salvatore shouted.

Lorenzo flinched at the last statement. He was grateful Eve was deaf and couldn't hear. He wouldn't be surprised if she somehow found a way to kill Salvatore with three chicken nuggets and a salty French fry. Lorenzo uncomfortably massaged his still aching throat.

"Don, Marco and Valeria's death were due to their reckless behavior at our meeting with the Russians. They arrived extremely late, nearly sabotaging our delicate alliance with them. As a result, Dante acted as he saw fit. The Russians were immensely pleased with Dante's show of strength and justice that not only did they purchase the weapons but placed a future order for double. The contact expressed that the Petrov family will be very pleased." Lorenzo's eyebrows knitted in confusion once he noticed Salvatore's eyes wandering toward Dante's spoils of war. He subtly shifted in front of Eve to block Salvatore's gaze. "Once the meeting had concluded, Dante received word of an ambush of one of our most profitable syndicates in New York. We lost several soldiers and our product. Dante took the initiative and—"

"Stop blowing smoke up my fucking ass and get to the part where my son is bleeding out of his side, and she is here."

"Right. Under Dante's orders, we wiped out the Blue Steel Crips, including their leader. Unfortunately, Dante suffered a knife injury during the melee. Eve was the leader's partner, and Dante chose to spare her and bring her back to Italy."

"Spare her? For what reason?" Salvatore spat.

Lorenzo thought it was best he lied. "I'm not sure, Sir."

"I don't believe that for one second," Salvatore challenged. "My son was thinking with his dick. It's a fucking disgrace. We stick to our kind, and if he wanted a warm, wet hole to slide into then we have plenty of whores here for that. He just had to come back with the ugliest and blackest one!"

Lorenzo attempted to mask the shock on his face. Was Eve dark-skinned? Yes. But Salvatore had to be going senile and blind if he thought Eve was ugly. Again, he was grateful Eve couldn't hear.

"What is your name, girl?" Salvatore curiously asked the timid, submissive woman, who smartly kept her eyes on the ground.

"She can't hear you," Lorenzo sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"She's deaf."

"Of course she is," Salvatore evilly chuckled. "You can't even give it commands."

"You can give her commands. She can read lips quite well and communicates through speech and ASL."

"It's a shame she's not deaf and mute. Throw her out."

"Excuse me?" Lorenzo asked in disbelief.

"I said to throw her out on the streets like the dog she is."

"Sir, I would like for you to recon—"

Lorenzo sighed when Salvatore pressed the muzzle of his gun to Eve's forehead. Not because Eve's life was on the line but because Dante magically found the strength to pull his weapon on his own father. They were doomed.

"Shoot her, and you'll be joining her shortly in Hell," Dante panted.

"Dante, put the gun down. She's not worth it," Lorenzo growled. Eve bit down on her bottom lip, trying not to smile. Her job would be much easier if father and son did her a favor and took each other out. She wondered which of the two men was feeling froggy. Eve got her answer when Salvatore shot Dante twice in the shoulder.

"Shit!" Lorenzo yelled, running to Dante's aid. Salvatore used the gun to lift Eve's chin so she could read his lips.

"Let this be a lesson to you that I'll end you if you so much as step a single toe out of line. If I can shoot my own son, then imagine the horrors I'd do to you. Do you understand?"

"Yes...sir," Eve timidly replied.

"Good. You come trained. You, come here!" Salvatore bellowed to a henchman, blowing his hot breath in Even's face. She blinked rapidly when the air dried out her eyes. "Take her to a guest room."

"Not to question you, Sir, but why are you allowing Eve to stay? You wanted to toss her on the streets a minute ago," Lorenzo questioned.

"Because I want to see how stupid my son is willing to get over a piece of ass. Plus, we'll find something for her to do. History has proven you can work her people into the ground."

Eve's face remained neutral. She was immune to misogyny and racism. It was all a part of the game.

"Thank you," Eve voiced before the guard painfully grabbed her by her arm and led her away. They had ascended half the stairs when Eve looked back and made eye contact with Salvatore; his desire for her was plain to see. Her women were always snubbed and told they were the least desirable, but their porn search history always said otherwise. It wasn't funny any longer. It was sad to have to deny yourself what you most desire.

Lorenzo observed the silent interaction between Salvatore and Eve and sighed. Based on Dante's manic behavior regarding Eve, Lorenzo was 100% certain Eve would be Salvatore Mancini's demise.

***

Eve eased into the sweltering bubble bath with an exaggerated sigh and a bottle of wine that she had to haggle the guard for. She showed him her tit, and he was all too happy to oblige. She tapped her foot on the faucet between healthy gulps from the bottle. She hated to admit it, but it was the best fucking wine she ever had. Not too dry or too sweet. It was just right.

"Trent...this old ass man is gonna try to fuck me," Eve whispered. "Now, I see where his son gets it from. They must not have good pussy around here," Eve chuckled before taking another swig from her wine bottle. More likely than not, she knew that Down Bad Salvatore would be sliding beneath her duvet tonight. But she wouldn't fuck him. Oh, no. She'd do what she did best and string him along while he lavished her with gifts until she bored of him. Eve would have that man oozing between her hands like the putty you get out of the 25-cent machine.

One thing Eve knew for sure was that she needed to start making allies. Lorenzo was a good starting place.

***

Eve had barely fallen asleep when her bedroom door opened, unbeknownst to her. Her eyes snapped open as soon as she felt the weight on the mattress. 

11/01/2022

Author's Corner

Who came to Eve's bedroom?

I may do another update tomorrow, but no promises.