Prequel Available: In the Rain (Work in Progress)

Link of In the Rain (Prequel to Rain Again)
https://www.wattpad.com/story/320965884-in-the-rain-prequel-to-rain-again

Hello everyone! 

With much excitement, I launch the prologue to "In the Rain". This story is the prequel to "Rain Again". And I'm honored and overjoyed to also announce that "In the Rain" will be written and completed with the support of the Wattpad Program. Yay! 

https://creators.wattpad.com/programs-and-opportunities/wattpad-creators-program/

In this program, Wattpad supports chosen writers in all necessary ways to stay motivated to write their Creators stories. It is a great step taken by Wattpad to help Wattpad writers grow unhindered. And I'm over the moon that I'm a part of this program. It wouldn't have been possible without the love and support you've shown for my writing, my lovely readers! Now, I would need you to support me even more as I write this story. Updates will be regular! 

Another exciting news is that I'm soon going to start posting the Sequel to Rain Again - And Then it Rained, too! You can help me decide how fast that will happen by showing your support for the prequel - In the Rain. Oh, In the Rain will also introduce Victoria and show some of her backstories. I hope you remember who she is. (*wink)So, please don't forget to vote and comment! Fan/follow me to get notified of updates, news, information, etc. Share this story with your friends, and other social media; add it to your library! So excited about this new journey. 

Love and hugs, Lara.

Prologue

~

It all began in rain.

~

Blooming was a sort of self-contentment within her. It was something she hadn't felt in a long while. Being appreciated felt good. Achievements felt good.

But all good things must come to an end someday.

"I had to act against my will in hiring you just because my father was involved."

Taken aback, Kate whirled around. She wasn't expecting Alex to come back. Earlier, she had seen him along with others leave.

"I appointed you to a certain post and you neglect its boundaries." He was inching closer. The bright light outside the door behind him was a stark contrast to the now dimmed lights inside the conference room. She couldn't see his face, just the outer shape of him drew closer like a growing halo. "Since the moment you've come into my life, you've done nothing but coerce me into doing things I don't want to," he spoke gravely.

He was so close to her now. She stepped back instinctively not knowing the table behind wouldn't let her.

"I said what I really felt," she said truthfully.

"When did I give you the permission to do so?" He grunted.

She didn't know if she was possessed by a spirit or something today, for her mouth was as if moving on its own accord. A bit of silence on her part could have calmed the situation but she just had to keep her big mouth open. "My idea only provided the ad agency and especially you nothing but benefits."

"Again," he said indignantly. "When did I give you the permission to do so?"

"Mr. Gil approved —"

"So, his praise has gotten into your head!" He thundered.

"I only —"

She gasped when his fingers curled around her upper arm. It was no use trying to get out of such a vice grip. His face was clearly visible now that he was looming over her now — so near. He was mad — too mad to look at by any composed eyes.

"You're fired," he grunted out making her head spin a little.

She exhaled a long breath. And all the self-contentment filled inside her drained out with that.

For some reason, like clouds melting into divine rain, the fury from his face dissipated and in its place, wonder appeared. The transition was distinct, yet Kate didn't want to know the reason for it.

~

"Rain" series:

1. In the Rain (work in progress)

2. Rain Again (completed)

3. And Then it Rained (coming soon)