Chapter 23

Note 1:

This chapter is written in the Third Person Omniscient POV. (Where the narrator is aware of the thoughts and feelings of all of the characters.) 

I tend to switch between the Third Person Limited (where the narrator is aware of only one character's thoughts and feelings) and the Omniscient. These two are my preferred methods of storytelling. 

Lemme know which one you feel comfortable with the most?

Note 2: Major drama alert! I'm serious. I'm not cutting out all the drama from this chap in the name of rewriting, I'm guilty of loving it way too much. So all realistic people, turn around, scoff and leave now, or forever hold your peace. (lol)

{This beautiful cover is made by mahgadahling Marga Santos

{This beautiful cover is made by mahgadahling Marga Santos. Thank you so much, dear, I LOVE it.}

Neil stood leaning against the wall facing away from the horrid sight that was Alex. He didn't bother looking at the man, not even for a second. If it was possible he would have killed Alex with his bare hands in the worst possible way in the first place. Alex deserved the highest punishment existing in this world. But it was not the time to think about this pathetic person, it was just not worth it. Because, of higher importance here was Kate stuck in the battle of survival inside the O.T. and for him to not get thrown out of the hospital at this crucial moment by the security. The glass doors to the theater were intimidating and hopeful at the same time. They were being opened and closed constantly as doctors, nurses and many other patients went in and out. Neil's eyes followed everyone and drifted to what could be seen of the inside through the glass while all the while in the last three hours he prayed in silence. 

Tamara's heart was crying in guilt, if her son had made a wrong decision she too left no stone unturned to make things worse. The destruction had begun with Alex's doubts, and she had fed it with even more poison. Tamara kept her hand lightly on Alex's shoulder, but there was no response. Her heart cried seeing her son in that condition, her heart cried in repentance for not believing the girl she had once considered as a daughter. What kind of mother was she? Where was she when that said daughter had needed her the most?  Her stubborn blindness had made her abandon that innocent soul.

"Alex..."

Alex blinked his eyes once and a few drops of tears escaped from there, he didn't bother to wipe them. Keeping his hand upon Tamara's, he brushed it away from his shoulder gently. He didn't look up at his mother, for he knew he did not deserve any kind of affection or consolation. A monster like him deserved to be burned in the fire he himself had created.