Chapter 18

BROOKE'S POV

"Well? Are you gonna stand there with a stupid look on your face or are you gonna hug me?" She giggled and came over to hug me.

I hugged back of course, but after what I just got finished doing, I can't help but feel at least some type of guilty for it. I know, I know. I say that and then I do it again. Its just...Harry's addictive. Like if you fuck him once, you find yourself doing it again and again. And before you realize what you're doing, he's already inside of you. I think I have it so bad that if Harry and Jasmine ever get back together, I would actually feel jealous.

"Are you ok? You look like you've seen a ghost." She said once she pulled away.

No.

"Yes of course I'm ok. Why wouldn't I be ok? I'm fine." I lied, even adding a smile at the end.

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"You're lying." She said.

"No I'm not. Why should I be lying? What do I have to lie for? I'm not lying." I lied again.

"You are lying. You always babble unnecessarily when you lie."

Ugh. She knows me so well.

"Are you sure you're ok? Is something on your mind? You know you can tell me anything." She said.

I can't tell you this one.

"Nothing's on my mind. I'm fine." I stopped myself from babbling on more, even adding a fake reassuring smile at the end.

Right when I said that, my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the Caller ID and mentally jumped off a cliff 50 times. Its Harry. I quickly shoved it back in my pocket.

"You're not gonna answer that?" She asked.

"Trust me, its not important."

"You splashed her coffee on her?!" I laughed hysterically.

She just got done telling me a story of when her and Acacia and some other girl went to the mall and she ended up splashing Acacia's drink all over her. Currently, we're sitting on my couch with criss-cross legs and drinking tea.

"She shouldn't have such a smart mouth. Ariana didn't even do anything. She just sat there." She laughed along, but not as hard as me.

"What did she say again to make you do that?"

"She brought up the fact that me and Harry broke up and said that she fucked him."

I stopped laughing for like a second, then started pretending to laugh so she wouldn't suspect anything. I was actually thinking about telling her about me and Harry, but after she said that, now I'm not so sure. Ugh. Why did I even get myself into this mess?

"And then she had the nerve to lie to this girl named Michelle and told her that I blew her boyfriend. I don't even like anyone in that gang! And her boyfriend is not that hot, trust me. Besides, we all know I'm still madly in love with Harry."

God. She's making me feel so fucking guilty and she doesn't even know it. Maybe I should suggest for us to go out and do something to get her mind off of him. But before I could even speak, she beat me to it.

"I don't even know why I kissed Eddie right in front of him, right after he watched that video too. I was just mad. Its like, I feel something empty inside of me without him here with me. You know?"

I nodded, the guilt not leaving.

"And part of me wants to go over there and talk to him, to talk things out, but I don't know how he'll react if he sees me. He'd probably slam the door in my face as soon as he sees me. I know I would. I was such a bitch to him."