Chapter 19

BROOKE'S POV

"Y-You...you...what?" I could tell she was at a loss for words.

"Minnie...I can explain." I said, lifting up from Danielle's embrace.

"I don't need your explanation. I understand plenty." A few tears fell from her eyes. "I bet you liked him all along didn't you. You only told me you knew he was off limits so I wouldn't suspect anything."

"No. That's not tr--"

"And then when we broke up, you saw that as a chance to get at him didn't you! You probably wanted all this to happen! You were probably glad when Eddie kidnapped me weren't you! You were probably relieved when all that shit happened on my birthday weren't you!"

"Minnie, I swear I didn't know anything of this would happen!" Now I had tears falling from my eyes.

"No! You slept with him! You knew I still loved him!"

"I know but--"

"But what?! You couldn't help yourself or something?! You couldn't try to stop yourself?!"

"Minnie just let me--"

"Shut up! Just shut up! I hate you! You're as bad as Acacia! You're probably her best friend too aren't you?! Aren't you?!"

"No! I hate her! You know I do!"

"No you two probably sit down and laugh at me all the time don't you?! You just...ugh! I hate you so much right now! Don't ever talk to me again!"

"Minnie--"

"Don't call me that! Ever in your life! Just...leave me alone!"

By now, tears were falling uncontrollably from both of our faces. Then her eyes widened as if she just realized something.

"That means that...it was you! It was you!"

"What was me?!"

"That blonde I saw making out with Harry when I drove by his house! That was you! And then you didn't even feel guilty about it! You came to your house and looked me straight in the eyes without any regrets! You hate me don't you! You hate me Brooke!"

"I don't hate you!" I sobbed. "I could never hate you! You're the best friend I've ever had!"

"So you sleep with all your best friend's exes then?!"

"No! That was the first ti--"

"Just...stop." She said, a bit calmer now. "I'm done with you." Then she turned from me to Danielle. "Can you give me a ride back to Brooke's house? I gotta get my stuff from there."

Danielle nodded.

"Sure but...where are you gonna stay? You can't go back to Eddie."

Jasmine shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. But I'm not staying with her."

Ouch. That hurt way more than it should have. I could see Danielle was thinking about something.

"I guess you can stay with me and Liam. You'd have the couch though."

"Thanks." Jasmine smiled.

Well. I think I can still fix this. And I know just how.

'''''

"Yes?" He smirked as he answered the door.

"Hey. Can I come in?"

"You don't even have to ask babe." He smiled and stepped aside.

I stepped inside his house, shutting the door behind me.

"So. You've come back for more, I see." He smirked while making his way over to me.

He placed his hands on my hips and pulled my waist closer to his. I felt his breath hitting my lips, and as badly as I wanted to snog his face off, I didn't.

"No." I said and gently pushed him away. "That's not what I came here for." I said. "I came here for...well...do you still have that tape Eddie showed you on Jasmine's birthday?"

He frowned.

"I never touched it. Its still in the CD player. Its like I'm the demon and that shit is holy water to me. I can't touch it."

"Well, you need to watch i--"

"Fuck sakes man!" He cursed loudly. "Why is everybody so obsessed with it?! Doesn't anybody understand that I don't wanna fucking watch it?!"

"You need to!"

"Why?!"

"Watch it and you'll see dumbass!"

I could tell he was about to argue back, but he sighed and ran a hand through his curls instead.

"If I watch that damn video, will you people stop bugging me about it?"

"Yes. We will."

He sighed again before letting out a frustrated groan.

"Play it."

I turned it on, and made sure Harry was paying attention to it. I kept my stare on him until I heard Jasmine's final "HARRY!!". I watched his facial expression as his eyes widened. I grabbed the remote and switched off the TV. Awkward silence.

"So...she--"

"Yup."

"But she--"

"I know."

"So she still--"

"Yes."

Another silence.

"Is she still with Eddie?" He asked.

"No. She's at Danielle's."

When I said that, he got up and grabbed his shoes and his rental car keys.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm gonna get my girl back."