Chapter 20

JASMINE'S POV

"Thanks again Dani. For letting me stay here." I said, still feeling my voice crack from the many tears I'm holding in.

"No problem. Its what friends do." She smiled sympathetically at me.

Ugh. I don't want sympathy!

Yes I do. I need a hug. As if she read my thoughts, she came towards me and engulfed me in her arms. That simple gesture made me break down. I couldn't hold my waterworks in anymore. She rubbed my back soothingly and just let me drown her shirt in my tears.

"Babe is someone here with y--" Liam said as he came down, but shut up once he saw me. "Jasmine!" He exclaimed and ran towards me, embracing me in a hug of his own. "God you don't know how much we've missed you! In fact me and Zayn were trying to come up with a plan to get you ba--wait." He stopped himself in the middle of his sentence and pulled back from the hug. "Who the hell made you cry? I swear I will go to them and once I'm through with them, they'll be in a place where not even the crows would be able to land their droppings on them."1

I let out a small laugh. Liam will be Liam.

"Do you want anything? Tea? Ice cream? A massage? Anything at all?" He offered.

See, no matter how bad Liam looks, he'll always have the kindest heart in the gang.

"Tea would be nice. Can I have honey, sugar--"

"And lemon juice. I remember." He smiled, which made me smile. "Anything for you babe?"

"Same. Just--"

"Honey and sugar. I know." He winked at her and proceeded into the kitchen.

Ugh! Why can't I have a Liam as a boyfriend! Liam's are so sweet! Danielle's so lucky. She has a Liam.

What. The fuck. Am I talking. About.

I seriously just turned Liam into an object. Mentally. I might be going crazy. Ugh.

I was torn out of my thoughts by the doorbell ringing.

"I'll get it." Danielle offered.

I nodded and laid down on the couch, making myself comfortable. I closed my eyes and sighed, trying to get myself to relax. But they snapped open when I heard a familiar voice. It sounded like...

Eddie! Did he find me already?! I've only been gone a day!

"Fine. You have 5 minutes." I heard Danielle say and a door close.

Why the fuck would she let him in?! What kind of crack is she on?!

"Jas? Baby?" I heard him say in a soft voice.

I looked up, and saw that it wasn't Eddie. It was Harry. Oh.

Wait, Harry?

"Hey." He tried smiling at me, but I sure as hell didn't return it. "Dani, can we be alone? Please?"

She hesitated before nodding and leaving into the kitchen where Liam was. He sat on the other side of the couch, since I was laying down and taking up most of the space. It was silent for a few moments, before I grew some balls and spoke up.

"Am I that easy to get over?" I said in a soft voice, afraid that if I spoke any louder, he'd hear my voice crack.

"What do you mean? If you're implying that I'm over you, I'm not. Nowhere near it."

I scoffed, not believing any of his bullshit.

"Yeah thats why you went and fucked my best friend huh?" I spat, finally looking at him.

When I looked at him, its like I wanted to cry but I was mad as hell.

"Jas, did you ever think of the reason I did that? Maybe to try to get over you? I swear you've never left my mind. Ever since our break up, you stayed on my mind. You never left."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"So you're saying that you're in that bed, fucking Brooke, but thinking about me?" I said flatly.

"Well...uhh...basically." He admitted and scratched the back of his neck. "It sounds weird when you put it that way." He said, making me roll my eyes. "Baby, look. That day on your birthday, you don't know how bad I cried. As soon as you left, I ran upstairs and threw the tantrum of tantrums. Then after a while, I just laid down and thought about my life, and how weird it would be without you in it. And then I kept thinking, and that resulted in me getting pissed because, well, you fucked my brother."

"But I--"

"Shh. I know what happened now, boo. I wished I saw the video sooner, but I was being such a fucking idiot and wouldn't listen to anybody. Then Brooke just got me to watch it, so now...I'm here to get my girl back." He smiled at the end.

Yeah. Like I'd let him off that easily. After he--

Wait.

"Did you say Brooke showed you?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Brooke? As in, blonde Brooke?"

He chuckled and nodded again.

"Why is that a surprise? You guys are best friends. You should expect her to try to get us back together. Its what best friends do."

I sighed. He's right.

"Something wrong?" He asked.

"No."

He gave me a look.

"Jas. We were dating for months. I can read you like an open book." He pulled me up and into his chest, and then he lied down so we were cuddling. "What's on your mind, boo?"

I forgot how sweet he can be. Ugh. I need him.

"We had a bit of a falling out." I mumbled. "I guess this is her way of apologizing."

"Well, I think you should accept it."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you two are best friends. And best friends should stick together, no matter how bad the fight is. They're like each other's other half. You can't last long without them."

I don't know why, but...

I thought of Eleanor. We've been through everything together. We were there for each other. We were each other's rock. And we lost all that because I overreacted over something majorly stupid. So I guess I have two people to make up with. Well three, if you count Harry.

"Jas?" He said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"I know I don't deserve it but, can I have a second chance?"2

I looked up at him. His eyes showed full honesty. Almost begging me to say yes. And well, everybody deserves second chances.

"Yes." I smiled.

He grinned at me and pulled me up so I was fully on top of him. I leaned down, about to connect my lips with his, but then...

"Tea's ready!" Liam shouted, making Harry and I shoot away from each other.

"Really Liam?" Harry complained.

"Sorry. But there will be no love making on that couch unless the love makers are me and Danielle."

I laughed. Liam will be Liam.