01. AIRY-FAIRY ROMY

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓* * *

September 1994

The Order of the Phoenix had many members and allies. When the war came to an end, those who settled down hoped for their children to have a relationship similar to the strong one they developed themselves over the years.

And for a long time, it was the case.

Andromeda and Edward Lupin, Harry Potter, Cedric Diggory, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Kyra and Lola McKinnon-Meadowes, the Weasley kids, and Rowan Prewett all grew up together.

They all were in different houses, most were Gryffindors, two were in Ravenclaw, two were Hufflepuffs and one was a Slytherin.

The Houses' competitive nature never caused them to be on bad terms, though they were almost all certainly up each other's throats when it came to Quidditch. Otherwise they had a beautiful friendship no one could really understand. But that's how they grew up, how they were raised, without prejudice on other houses.

Perhaps that was why Romy had never been afraid to disappoint her Gryffindor parents because she had ended in Hufflepuff. They expected her to anyway.

Now, something that did separate the lot of them was the rivalry and hate between Cedric Diggory and Romy Lupin. Unaware of whether they should take sides or leave it be, they just watched awkwardly during their little gatherings and would avoid to see the both of them at the same time for a long period of time.

Romy felt guilty about it. Cedric didn't care. Both were too stubborn to change. It didn't help that they were both the only ones of their childhood group friend to be in Hufflepuff, they saw more of each other than they liked.

But at least, Romy met Primrose Valentine in her first year. Rosie was her roommate and best friend in the world, and with her, she never felt alone, despite what Cedric did so many years ago. She still held a grudge because he never apologised.

He could have apologised. They could have still been friends.

~

"I will strangle him." Romy stated, glaring at an empty space.

"You've got to admit, it's pretty creative." Kyra smirked.

Romy noticed another laughing student pass by her, stealing glances at the poster she had been glaring at the entire time. It held Hufflepuff colors, and said "welcome your new prefect, airy-fairy Romy!" with stupid doodles drawn all over the little picture of her face.

Andromeda didn't care if she was laughed at, that was whatever, she would have probably laughed too if it wasn't her. But knowing that Cedric was behind this childish act... Now that made her angry.