12. ROMY DENIES BEING HOMELESS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓* * *

December 1994

When Andromeda would look around the 9¾ platform every time the kids were on vacation, she remembered her first two years in Hogwarts.

Sure, her dad became a teacher at the same time she started going to school, just as he and Juliet had decided when both their children were born. But it still felt very lonely. Not having her mum around all the time was a big change for her, and she had a hard time coping with it.

Juliet and Remus wondered if having coddled her so much growing up had affecter her to the extent that she had separation issues. Andromeda couldn't handle being alone, that's one of the reasons why she took it so badly when Cedric did what he did.

Romy just had to stand around on the platform until her parents got everyone off safely, got their luggages and found their own children. Yet when her eyes wandered around, the first thing she saw was her best friend Rose, waving discreetly at Mattheo Riddle.

The blonde looked in between the two for a few seconds, wondering how long this may have been going on, but ultimately deciding that if Rose wanted to mention it, she would.

"Abandoned by your family, are we?" Cedric leaned in from behind her, causing her to roll her eyes.

He walked around her to face her and smirked. "No, arsehole. I'm waiting."

"It's fine, you know, if they don't want you anymore. My mum will probably take you in." He joked.

Andromeda gulped. Man, Cedric always knew where to poke for it to hurt, even though he didn't even realise it. That was something she was very insecure about but would not tell a single soul.

"I'd rather chew off my own foot than be living in the same house as you." She glared.

"That's not looking good for our marriage."

This had the Hufflepuff girl chocking on her saliva, to the point where the Diggory boy had to pat her on the back to make sure she wouldn't die.

"Our what now?" She said in between two coughs.

"Jesus. Relax. It's a joke. You know, the same joke our parents make every time we're all together." He rolled his eyes at her, shuffling awkwardly.

"Yeah. Over my dead body." Romy grimaced, disgusted, looking away and spotting Daphne and Amos.

She waved at them with a warm smile as they approached the teenagers, first and foremost embracing their son before they greeted the girl.

"What are you two doing?" Daphne asked them curiously, with her arms around Romy.

"Cedric, with his very generous heart, is making sure I have a home to go back to." Romy sarcastically stated.

Cedric hated to admit it, but his heart skipped a beat every time she said his name. He would blame it on the fact that her voice sounded just so angelic, and she refused to call him by his name, instead she always used his last name unless their parents were around.