04. ROSE'S HEAVY-LIFTING

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓* * *

October 1994

Romy's sweaters for the Gryffindor Quidditch time were ready right in time, as the weather got colder with the beginning of November.

Rose knew her best friend had her hands full with the command, she wanted to help, but really, no one knew crochet like Romy.

Hence, she agreed to go drop the sweaters at the pitch with her while Gryffindors were practicing. But she was starting to regret because she could no longer see in front of her.

"I know you did a great job and all, because they're all so smooth and nice to the touch, but... why are they so big?" Rose exclaimed, trying to lower her arms so she could see.

"Stop complaining, you're only holding three." Romy rolled her eyes before stopping dead in her tracks. "Three!? You're holding three!"

"Yes, I can count Romy, thanks." Rose raised an eyebrow.

"Where's Oliver's sweatshirt?!" Romy exclaimed, panicking as she started to recount the sweaters, unfolding them hurriedly.

"How would I know?" Her best friend nonchalantly stood by, now only holding an unfolded sweatshirt in hand.

"I have to go get it, I can't just go there without his! He's the captain, he'll think I hate him!" Romy rambled.

Rose shrugged. "It's okay, you can just give him it at lunch."

"No, I have a better idea!" She passed all the pile of sweatshirts to her best friend who started to lose sight and balance. "I'll go get it, just start walking without me, I'll be as fast as I can!"

And she ran off.

"But, Romy, the common room is on the whole other side of the castle!" Rose shouted after her, not receiving any response.

She groaned, finding herself stuck with the delivery. She regretted getting out of bed. Not like Professor Potter wasn't going to drag her out of it again in an hour.

She started to stumble forwards, praying to Merlin no one was standing on her path or they would be rained on with clothes.

That is exactly what happened.

Mattheo Riddle, was taking advantage of the empty corridors to take a stroll and read his book in peace. There was always someone to bother him in the common room so he hated it there.

And there he found himself, bumping into something incredibly soft as he made a turn, losing his balance and falling, along with whoever was holding a mountain of sweatshirts at seven in the morning.

"Bollocks." He heard her mumble under her breath, as she took off the sweatshirt dangling on her head.

He looked up, seeing Primrose Valentine, the best friend of Romy Lupin. Things have somewhat always been tense between the Lupin girl and Mattheo. Neither could explain it, but both felt immediately uneasy when they were around each other.