02. ROMY'S LITTLE CRUSH

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓* * *

September 1994

Romy didn't know how he did it. But Cedric did it. It took barely an hour, and she was free of all horny male teenagers that were latching onto her because of him. Well he claims it isn't because of him, but either way it was his fault.

A wave of relief overtook her, and she could in turn finally free her guard dog, Kyra, that had been jinxing anyone getting too close.

She considered thanking him, but she felt too upset to do so. She convinced herself that she had no obligation to reward him for fixing his own mistakes, and went back to doing her best to ignore his existence.

And that itself, posed a challenge.

You see, the second they heard the news that Romy was a prefect, the family was overjoyed. The girl herself, well, not so much.

If there was one thing about her personality that resembled her father's, it was the casual self-resentment. Like her father, Andromeda did not think herself to be deserving of anything specific. But compared to him, she didn't have a Juliet to knock his senses back into place.

She had an annoying little shit that came straight out of her worst nightmares called Cedric. He made it all worse.

Romy wasn't a perfect student like her parents were. She just wasn't, she tried, she tried desperately to learn more, study more, be better, be... like Cedric. But she wasn't good enough, she was mostly just average. She wondered if she would be mediocre if her parents weren't her Professors.

Only subject she was pretty good at, was Potions, and the reason wasn't even the Potter genes, because clearly, Harry didn't inherit those. She was good at it, because it was like following a recipe for her. And Romy was good at cooking and baking.

She had so many creative talents, but studying was not one of them, and it made her miserable, because despite her parents never putting an ounce of pressure onto her, she felt like she had to be good so she could make them proud and represent their legacy.

She felt like a failure. But at least, they had Teddy. Teddy usually got good grades, and he was pretty awesome at Quidditch.

Anyways, we're getting off topic. Romy wasn't happy about being a prefect, because she wasn't top of her class. A prefect always had the best grades, and she knew it was a matter of time before Cedric started to point it out and make fun of her.

Well, she thought so anyways, it didn't really cross his mind, he was just planning how he could both her during their patrols, without knowing what she, in turn, had planned.

~

"I wish he'd disappear." She mumbled to herself, furiously knitting a sweater for her brother, glaring in the Hufflepuff boy's way as she sat at the Gryffindor's table with the Weasley twins.