Prologue

Alessia's POV
Where to begin.... I guess we should start with my sister's and I's birth.

It was the night of September 13, 1987. Our mother went into labor and was rushed to the hospital. She first gave birth to my twin sister Bella, whom they both love and adore. Then 15 minutes later I was born, I had been born sick and malnourished so I was smaller and more prone to getting sick then Bella was. My parents didn't care for me and often left me in the care of my grandparents or aunts and uncles.

When Bella and I were four years old, our parents divorced. Renee had left me at home alone, and took off with Bella. Six hours later Charlie came home and saw me alone. He was so mad when I told him what happened.....after he finished with me he took off to look for his wife and daughter. I crawled to the phone and called my Aunt Sarah who was a nurse. She rushed over to come get me but got in a car accident and died.

My Uncle Billy didn't blame me and neither did my cousins Rachel and Rebecca, but Jake did....mainly because his feelings for my twin clouded his judgment.

Afterwards my parents fought over who would take me, neither wanting to be saddled with me. The judge, reluctantly, placed me with my mother however due to lack of stable housing conditions for any potential adopters and my father's physical abuse on me.

My mother reluctantly took me to Arizona to live with her and she remarried a man named Phil Dwyer. Phil was nice and took care of me a lot during my childhood.

When I was six I started going onto the dark web, and learned about hacking. I became famous by my screen name Little Birdie. By age nine I was on the FBI's most wanted list, I swear to this day that I only accidentally stole the IDs of 12 FBI agents.

Anyway flash forward to age 17, Bella decided to move in with dad and drag me along with her despite the court's restraining order for me against my father.

I had been packing when Phil called me downstairs. I went and saw a guy with an eyepatch sitting in the living room with two formally dressed people.

"Alessandra Swan, my name is Nick Fury and these are my associates Maria Hill and Phil Coulson" the man said making me freeze as I knew exactly who they were

"Alessandra Swan, my name is Nick Fury and these are my associates Maria Hill and Phil Coulson" the man said making me freeze as I knew exactly who they were. I had hacked into SHEILD a few times and accidentally exposed SHEILD's connection to the WW2 villain organization, HYDRA. I tried to relax and play it cool "O-oh? And what can I help you with Mr. Fury?" Smooth like butter.

"We'd like to discuss your alter ego, 'Little Birdie'?" He said making me gulp 'Fuck I'm screwed! How did they find me?! I was so careful!' "We're offering you a get out of free jail card in exchange for your services at SHEILD" he continued making stare at him in shock while my mom and sister had their arms crossed with scowls on their faces "Forget it! Just lock this criminal up!" Renee snapped making me flinch.

Phil spoke up and asked "Would Alessia be paid for her services?" Mr. Coulson nodded and says "SHEILD agents typically make $409,343 every six months, but hackers make $786,676 every six months" that made both females eyes go wide. Renee smirked and her tone turn simpering "Of course, we don't want our baby in jail so we'll take the offer!"

I gulped as I was told that I would be moving to SHEILD headquarters in New York City where I'd work as an ethnical hacker.