Chapter 09

Alessia's POV

I stood at the private airport owned by SHEILD with Loki and Bucky as we intended to send him off

As promised, Bucky would be going to Wakanda to receive treatment and Loki and are are going on vacation to Vermont. We stood by Bucky and chatted with him in an attempt to give him some normalcy. We carried our suitcases, and I had a to go box with my homemade pomegranate chocolates (picture in previous chapter) for T'Challa.

"Loki and I plan on visiting once your up to it" I said making him nod slightly as he stared at the ground. I then added "Fury wants you as a part of the Avengers initiative once you've been cleared. He says you'll be a part of Loki's and mine's group" he looked up and his gaze went back and forth between us. He seemed to want to say something but wasn't sure how. Loki stared at him intently before saying "Of course we're comfortable with it. If we weren't comfortable with you we wouldn't be talking to you."

He seemed surprised but before he could say anything our conversation was interrupted when Fury and T'Challa approached us. We turned and as soon as I saw T'Challa my face lit up and I trotted over to him "Hey, bubs, this is for you!" I say and hand over the chocolate.

He blinked before his face lit up "Are these those homemade chocolates you were talking about?" I nodded "Mmhmm!" He smiles and says "Thank you" he seems unsure what to do next so I take one of his hands and hold it, giving it a squeeze before saying "No problem" with a smile and he returns it.

"So how long will you be keeping Mr. Barnes?" Fury asks making T'Challa and I look at him "That is difficult to say, depending on the damage inflicted on him by HYDRA I will have to do an evaluation and get back to you with an approximate timeline" making Fury ask "And how long will that take?" T'Challa squeezed my hand once more and said "A full evaluation will take a month."

Fury looked upset and started to say "A month-?!" But Loki stepped in and cut him off by saying "A month is perfect. The healing process will take time, and we will happily give him as much time as he needs. Just please let us know when he's well enough for visitors" Fury looked as if he wanted to protest but I spoke up and said "A month is perfect. You can throughly examine Bucky and make sure he's okay" Fury grumbled and reluctantly agreed before walking back inside the airport.

I turned to T'Challa and said "I'll hear from you in a month?" He nods. We continue to hold each other's hands as we spoke "Yes, I'll try to make sure that you're updated on Mr. Barnes's progress....wouldn't want you hacking into Wakanda's computer system" he jokingly says making me smirk "I would never!" He chuckles as we face each other, seemingly in our own little world.

It seems we weren't the only ones either, out of the corner of my eye Loki managed to get Bucky to have a conversation.

I stare up a T'Challa and say "Kinda wish I could go with you.... You made Wakanda seem so amazing" he chuckles and says "Maybe I will be able to show you one day.....perhaps you can show me New York" I smiled "I'd like that" we kept staring at each other until Fury called out "Alessia! Loki! If you don't hurry your jet will leave without you!"

I withheld a scoff 'Like I don't see what you're doing, it's a private airport, we have all the time in the world' I sighed and reluctantly pulled away "See ya around, my King" I said he chuckled and said "Farewell to you, my birdie" I smiled as Loki and I headed to the opposite plane.

As we walked Loki said "T'Challa seems nice...you're certainly friendly and interested" I glanced at him "About as much as you are with Bucky" we shared a look before smiling in silent approval. We then boarded the plane, but I found myself peering out the window at T'Challa's plane and sighing in sadness.

I looked at the hand he held and found myself missing his warmth.