Chapter 04

3rd POV
The next six weeks progressed the same as Alessia slept all day and worked all night reprogramming and strengthening SHEILD's online defenses to the point that not even Tony Stark could hack them.

She would visit briefly with Loki before retiring to bed and make breakfast for the both of them. They had a cordial relationship with greetings of hello, good morning, and thank you's. Loki had started to expect their peculiar meetings every morning as he had trouble sleeping and would tend to just stay awake and read with naps during the day.

One night though Alessia did something different which resulted in a blooming friendship between the two.

Alessia's POV

I briskly paced outside the kitchen after peaking inside and confirming that Loki was there

I briskly paced outside the kitchen after peaking inside and confirming that Loki was there. I took a few deep breath's and prayed to all the deities that existed that I wouldn't mess this up.

I entered and said "G-good evening, Loki" I stammered out while blushing. Loki looked up at me in surprise and said "Well good evening, pet" I nodded and stiffly walked to the stove and began cooking "Not that I'm opposed to this, but what has happened to invoke this change in routine?" Loki asked. I nibbled on my lower lip before asking "Why do you call me 'pet'?"

I can tell that I caught him off guard because he blurts out "Beg your pardon?" I turn around and say "You call everyone else 'mortal' or 'Midgardian' but you only call me 'pet' and I would like to know why" I gulped as I didn't sound as confident as I meant to. He stares at me and chuckles before saying "Well, it looks like you caught onto that."

He smirks and stands up before walking over and leaning against the counter top next to me "To answer your question. It's because you're different from other Midgardians here, you're intelligent but humble and kind and your no warrior. I prefer your company to the other 'Avengers'" he said smoothly. I stared at him before a cheeky smile bloomed across my face "Are you saying that you consider me a friend?" He scoffed and looked away "Hardly."

I would've believed that, if not for the pink that spread across his ears.

"You do!" I said pointing at him and he flusteredly responded "Do not!" I couldn't help but giggle as his blush spread to his cheek "Well, I'm flattered that an outer space prince considers me his friend" his lips twitched at that and he shook is head before looking over and asking "What are you making?" "Crêpes" I replied making him frown and ask "What are crêpes?" I looked over at him gobsmacked before wrapping my arms around him and pulling him close in an embrace "It's okay now Loki, they can't hurt you anymore."

~~~later~~~
Loki and I were sitting down at the counter eating crêpes and chatting.

"What is this sweet brown stuff on top?" He suddenly asked making me give him a bewildered look and say "Chocolate?" He nods and says "It's delicious" I continue to stare at him before asking "Have you never had chocolate before?" He shook his hea...

"What is this sweet brown stuff on top?" He suddenly asked making me give him a bewildered look and say "Chocolate?" He nods and says "It's delicious" I continue to stare at him before asking "Have you never had chocolate before?" He shook his head and said "No. Asgard doesn't make such things" I once again look at him gobsmacked and said "Then what kind of candy do you have?"

He looks at me confused "....candy?" I nearly exploded at that but took a deep breath and rephrased "Sweet treats?" He stared at me for a minute before saying "Berries, nuts..." my jaw dropped and I immediately grabbed his wrist and said "We're going shopping. Now!" Loki stammered but couldn't say anything as we were already in the parking lot looking for the car Mr. Fury got me.

We got in and the AI immediately came to life

We got in and the AI immediately came to life. I sped off into town looking for a sweets shop. We stopped at the 'Spring Iconic Sweet Shop' as it was the only place open at 1AM before getting back in the car only to receive a call from Fury.

I answered and with a mouth full of caramel said "Hemmo?" "Swan! What the hell are you doing?! Loki is not supposed to leave the compound!" Fury snapped. I just managed to choke down my caramel while Loki gave me a guilty look. I waved him off and said "If having a late night outing is such a problem then you should've said so when you were spying on us through the cameras!" "What are you talking about-?" Fury said at least trying to cover up is stalking.

I scoffed and pulled up the holographic computer in my car.

"Okay, you see the mouse moving on your screen?" I ask "Wha-?! Swan!" Fury said flabbergasted "That's me hacking into your private account and defenses that I set up

"Okay, you see the mouse moving on your screen?" I ask "Wha-?! Swan!" Fury said flabbergasted "That's me hacking into your private account and defenses that I set up. Let's see what's on your screen shall we?" I said before typing and pulling up his screen which showed me a birds eye view of the inside of my car "Would you look at that! It almost looks like you have a camera in the rear view mirror" I then reached up and the feed cuts off.

"Listen, Fury, Loki is my friend and we're just hanging out. If it was a problem why didn't you say anything before we left?" I asked making him go silent. I rolled my eyes and said "Look I've had an abusive dad, and a comforting dad I don't need an overprotective father and you're not responsible for me. I got emancipated and I don't need a guardian" it was silent before Fury said "I wish you would've told me about the emancipation. I was in the process of becoming your guardian."

I went silent before hanging up and driving "I'm sorry. Can we just go somewhere for awhile?" I asked Loki nodded and said "Of course" he reached for my hand that was on the steering wheel and grasped it.

I drove us to Brooklyn Bridge park and found a spot with a good view. I flopped down on the grass and Loki joined me. We were silent for awhile before talking about our lives before becoming Avengers. I don't even know how it started but next thing I know it's all out there in the open.

"So you had a leg broken in three spots, a fractured wrist, a concussion, and a punctured lung at age 4 and your mother still attempted to send you back to him?" Loki asked bewildered. I nodded and said "Like I said. The only person who ever cared is Phil and he's gone now. I don't know if I'll ever see him again" Loki remained silent before saying "At least you didn't push the ones who still love you away" I look at him and say "It's not too late. Thor is still trying to have a relationship with you, and Frigga still refers to you as her son" Loki glanced at me with a sad look making me reach over and take his hand.

I checked the time and hissed "C'mon it's 6am" we got up and headed home. When we entered the compound, we were met with the avengers and Fury.

"Crap..."