Chapter 07

(A/n): I'm sorry if I miss out details. It's been awhile since I've seen the Winter Soldier and Civil War, and I accidentally got locked out of my Disney+ account. I'll mostly try to focus on T'Challa and Alessia's first meeting, but I'm sorry if I make a mistake 😖

Alessia's POV
Everyone was arguing about what to do with the Winter Soldier aka Bucky Barnes. I had seen him briefly and given him some water to which he responded "Thank you, Doctor."

It probably didn't help that I wore a lab coat over my...work attire.

I was dancing my way back to my office while listening to Sam Smith and humming;

"Mummy don't know daddy's getting hot
At the body shop
Doin' somethin' unholy
He's sat back while she's droppin' it
She be poppin' it
Yeah, she put it down slowly
Oh-ee-oh-ee-oh, he left his kids at
Ho-ee-oh-ee-ome so he can get that
Mummy don't know daddy's getting hot
At the body shop
Doin' somethin' unholy..woo!"

I turn around just in time to see my guardian, Nick Fury, standing there staring at me with a look that was somehow blank and disappointed at the same time "Uhh, can you forget that you saw that?" He shook his head and said "Gladly" before clearing his throat and saying "I need a favor" I tilted my head and said "I'm listening..." "I need you to entertain King T'Challa while I talk with Cap and Stark?" I put my hands on my hips and asked "What's in it for me?"

He grunted and said "Two weeks paid vacation at the Vermont cabin...." I gave him a look that said 'Tempting but not quite' he suddenly groaned and said "With Loki" my face lit up and I cheered "Thanks pops! I won't let you down!" I then trotted off looking incredibly smug.

" I gave him a look that said 'Tempting but not quite' he suddenly groaned and said "With Loki" my face lit up and I cheered "Thanks pops! I won't let you down!" I then trotted off looking incredibly smug

~~~timeskip~~~
I carefully walked into the glass room where T'Challa and a guard waited. I carried a tray with Earl Grey tea and smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches....someone was feeling fancy in the kitchen. I also may or may not have stolen a Chocolate Pomegranate Cupcake.

I made my way to T'Challa not looking up at him as I situated everything "Hi, my name's Alessia, Mr

I made my way to T'Challa not looking up at him as I situated everything "Hi, my name's Alessia, Mr. Fury asked that I keep you company while he tries to prevent Iron Man and the Captain from ripping each other's heads off" I said as I poured tea into the cups "Are you sure that you should be telling me that?" A deep masculine voice with a slight accent that I couldn't pinpoint said.

I shivered because his voice nearly made me melt like butter to the floor. I looked up and my jaw dropped at the sight before me. Casually sitting in a chair watching me with an amused gaze was easily the sexiest man alive. He had to of been at least 6'0 and had short curly hair with a toned body. His skin tone was dark ebony and contrasted against my porcelain one, but his eyes entranced me the most. His umber gaze pinned me to my spot and stole my very breath, his gaze morphed into one of shock as well as he finally saw my face and scanned my appearance.

I don't think that anyone could compare to him. His mesomorph body type was toned and hard and paired well with his intense facial expressions but contrasted with his soft brown eyes. I now knew why everyone said that brown was a warm color.

My cheeks flared up as I realized that I was staring. I cleared my throat and made the plates "Probably not, but I'm not a liar, nor will I be getting on my knees and kissing your feet" his female guard stepped forward and looked ready to attack me but he chuckled and waved her back "Then what will you be doing?" I handed him his tea and his plate before sitting down and saying "I'm going to treat you like a normal person who I want to be friends with because I have to know something about Wakanda..."

His smile dropped and he asked "And what is that?" "You wear American clothes here, but do you have traditional Wakandian grabs at home? What do they look like? Do they have any symbolic meaning to them?" I can tell that I astonished him "You...want to know about traditional garbs?" I nodded "I would love to understand your culture, if you allow me to. I know that you have your secrets, but I thought that clothes were harmless enough."

He developed a thoughtful and understanding look as he slowly discussed it with me as we ate. He stopped talking however when he picked up his cupcake and asked "What are these red things on top of your chocolate pastry?" I stared at him gobsmacked "Doesn't Wakanda have pomegranates?" He shook his head "I don't believe so. I, at least, haven't had any Pom-o-grantes" I smiled and said "They're my favorite now you have to try one!"

I eagerly watched as he carefully bit into the cupcake. He chewed it with a slight smile as he said "I can see why you like it. They're fairly tart with a bit of sweetness underneath, and they go perfectly with dark chocolate" I nodded happily before unconsciously grabbing a napkin and wiping away the pink icing "Yeah, I'll have to make you my chocolate pomegranate bites sometime-" I cut myself off as I realized what I was doing.

I quickly pulled my hand away "I'm so, so sorry! That was extremely inappropriate for me to do!" He waved me off and said "No, no it's fine-" that was when the alarm sounded off we looked up to see people running about "Stay here" he ordered me before saying something in another language to the woman who nodded in turn.

He ran out the room while woman materialized a spear into her hand. I tried to get up but she stopped me and said "The king requested that I keep you safe, and I cannot do that with you running around out there" I worriedly looked after T'Challa.