Chapter II

"Ah. . . they seem to be awake", a man said, his voice was deep. You slowly got up. "Hm? Already? Could you ask them what happened for me, I am quite busy at the moment", another man said, his voice was deep as well, but nothing compared to the other man's. "Of course, why would I disappoint my superior, after all?", the man with the lower voice teased, "Now now, just because I am a higher ranked Harbinger doesn't mean I am not you friend, Pantalone".

'Pantalone?', you thought whilst listening to their conversation. 'Isn't that one of the Harbingers' names? Could that mean. . .' Your thoughts were scrambled, but were shortly disturbed by the man with the lower voice, who you now knew was the Regrator.

"Now, may you tell me why you ended up passed out outside our headquarters?", he asked. You stayed quite — you felt as if you did not have the right to speak to such higher classed citizens. "Go on", he insisted, "Oh, well, you see," you began explaining, "I was waiting for my spouse when I suddenly passed out; I suppose I did so due to the low temperatures" you added, trying to justify yourself.

"Your. . . spouse?", the other man asked; he seemed rather disappointed in your reply. "Yes, my spouse", you ensured. "Why so surprised, Dottore? Did they catch your eye?", Pantalone went on to tease the man who you can only assume was Dottore, or the Doctor. "No, I'm just surprised someone could ever love someone as pathetic as them, that's all", he insulted you. You were too distressed to reply, but you felt irritated and offended by those words, although you knew they were true; no one could ever love a miserable being such as you.

"Apologies for him, he is not the best in terms of human decency; anyways, what may your spouse's name be?", the Regrator asked, apologetically. You couldn't understand whether his words were sincere or not — Harbingers are always rumored to be psychological manipulators and professional liars, so everyone keeps a distance from them.