Chapter XIX

Dottore was left confused, his attempt to break you was neither successfully nor unsuccessful, because you didn't feel anything but numbness upon finding out about your spouse's death. This, however, amused him even more — sadness, happiness, anger; they were all a mystery to him, and this made him feel more intrigued torwards psychology, why were you feeling the way you felt, what could that neutral expression on your face mean, these kind of questions filled his head, and the more wonders his brain had, the more his interest in you increased.

The following week was nothing but him catering you. You had no idea why he was doing whatever he was doing, but he was suspiciously lenient to you. Instead of waking you up with a bright surgerion light he let you sleep extra, he brought more meals to you, and bought you expensive gifts. 'What could this doctor be planning?', you tried to read him, but to no avail. No matter how hard you tried, whatever that man was thinking was definitely far from what you could imagine. You were certain of one thing, however, that is, whatever he was planning, it is definitely something sadistic. Hence, you never fell into his trap; namely, you didn't try to show back any affection.