Chapter XXI

You rushed to your parent's house to tell them everything. You were so excited. You ran as fast as you could, leaving a trail of footsteps on the thick snow. You didn't care about anything else, you were just glad to finally escape that maniac, that madman. You finally felt freedom.

You finally reached your destination, that is, your parents' house. Originally, you would let your spouse know you're okay, but due to some unfortunate circumstances, they had passed long ago, by the hands of that doctor. Still, you didn't lose hope, as you were certain your family was there, looking forward to seeing you once again, after this long, traumatizing stay with a Harbinger.

You reached their old wooden home. You took a deep sigh and knocked on the door, preparing to spit two words from your mouth, those being, "I'm back". You waited, the only sound being your heavy breathing and the freezing air. You knocked again. Nothing. Thus, you opened the door, your parents should be in the house, right? It's too cold for them to be out, anyways.

What was behind that door was absolutely horrible. You wished you never saw it. The furniture, the floor, even the walls were covered in blood and your parents lying dead, your mother on the kitchen's counter and your dad on the floor. You were too stunned to move, or speak. Then you remembered Dottore; he was covered in blood. Was this his doing? You were left right outside the doorstep. You didn't want to enter that house, just the sight of it was terrifying. You felt tears forming in your eyes, slowly. Suddenly, a familiar voice spoke behind you. Laughter following the person's words. It caught you off guard.

"Oh, it seems you realized already?"