Chapter XXVI

That idea was foolish. You knew it. But you had no choice in this matter. You would either kill him and finally be free or continue to live with him and suffer the consequences. However, what if you didn't manage to eliminate him? What if he realized? What would happen then? All these doubts filled your head, and your arms started shaking.

The doctor, of course, noticed. "What's wrong? Are you cold?", he asked and placed his hand on your cheek, attempting to 'comfort' you. You shook your head, implying that you were, in fact, cold. That was an obvious lie. You weren't cold, you were scared. Scared of what would happen if he found out you were planning to murder him.

"That can't be, the liquid I injected onto you makes you immune to cold. Are you lying to me?", he pointed out. "Maybe it.. wore off?", you continued lying. He removed his hand from your cheek and placed it on his chin. "You have a point. It seems that I have to make a stronger injection, and looks like you will be the first person to test it out, aren't you excited?", he stated enthusiastically.

The more lies you told, the more the situation deteriorated. You were practically playing with fire. Nonetheless, you remained determined. You couldn't just inform him that you were just thinking of killing him. Still, that thought was stuck on your mind, but how would you even manage to kill him? While he was working on the liquid, you were plotting, making up a plan which would work and thought of all possible outcomes of each. Your face remained expressionless, though, you didn't want to give yourself away.