Chapter XVII

The food was decent, just a plain meal, all that differed was that it was heavily decorated. You felt like a royalty, 'First he chose not to leave me in the lab while he was gone and now this, what is he trying to do?', you asked to yourself, trying to figure him out.

Before you knew it, he took your fork and started picking on your food, "Open up", he spoke, so you did. He fed you like you were some kind of little kid, but you allowed him; you didn't get this kind of affection in years, anyways, you thought.

Whilst he was gently feeding you the meal, he started a conversation, "You are married, correct?", he asked you, you thought the answer was obvious, but apparently not. "Mhm", you replied, with your mouth full of food. "Frankly, I would prefer if you had a divorce, I don't think you two will be reuniting any time soon", he continued, looking like he was trying to prevent a grin from forming in his face.

"What do you mean?", you asked him, your first idea was that he just meant that he won't be letting go off you for a while, which is no reason to absolutely let down your family; who are the ones pulling the strings on your spouse's and your relationship. Should you two fall apart, your relation's with your family will as well. The second case scenario was, though, a little darker, but you opted it out since there is no possible way that's the case. In other words, your second idea was that your husband died, so obviously, Dottore, as a Harbinger, would be one of the first people to know.

He looked at you and smiled, making the following statement;

"I killed them."