Chapter XXIX

The day had come, and you woke up in the same lab, in the same clothes, near the same person. This endless cycle would finally end, you thought, relieved. The doctor was, of course, awake and working. He was sat on his chair, tampering with some sort of ancient disk. Next to the device, there were plenty of sharp tools which you carefully examined. A syringe, a screwdriver, a key and a scalpel. You opted that the scalpel would be the best artifact to use for his elimination.

"Good morning", you said. "Awake already? Well, morning, dear", he replied, turning his chair to face you. You stood up and climbed on him. "Oh? Getting confident are we?", he teased, placing his hands on your hips. His words were true, you had never felt so confident before, you knew what you had to do, and were certainly planning to do it. I mean, there was no turning back now.

You placed your arms on his shoulders, and he took of his mask, just as planned. You examined his facial features, and realized it was the original. That was a huge relief, after all, if he was a clone, the whole plan would be ruined. You took a deep breathe and pressed your lips against his. Simultaneously, you were trying to reach for the scalpel from behind him. Your grip was tight, and you tried to do it as quietly as possible.